want to live with my mom but fad won’t let me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to live with my mom but fad won’t let me

I am 15 years old and live with my dad, stepmom, brother, stepbrother, stepsister, and stepaunt. My dad left my mom and my siblings when we were 5-6. I lived with my grandma until I was 8 and then moved in where I live now. Since I have lived here, I have hated it. My stepbrother is younger than me and gets away with everything. He always yells and shoves into my brother and I but whenever we say anything we get yelled at, grounded, or have our phones turned off so we can’t message our mom. My stepmom has been emotionally and mentally abusing us for years. I have been begging my dad to move out since I was 13. My mom owns a house 2 states away and I would love to live with her. Even besides pesky stepfamily, my dad and I don’t talk often and don’t have a close relationship. I am way closer and happier when with my mom, but my dad won’t let me move out. Even my dad argues with my stepfamily a lot and even his own wife. Just today he muttered, “I can’t get out of here soon enough” and I find that so unfair! He is an adult. If he wants to leave, he can. I can not. How can he keep me here, a placed that has caused me to go through periods of depression through the years, a place that caused me to self harm (I stopped over a year ago don’t worry), a place that has given me extreme anxiety to the point where I can’t even leave my room without my heart rate picking up to really high speeds. I can’t even talk to me family without sweating. If he wants to leave so bad, then why can’t I? I don’t know if I can wait until I’m 18 to move out. I just can’t do this anymore. I want to leave so badly. If anyone knows any way that could get me to live with my mom, please..

Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, and sharing a little bit of your story with us. It sounds like you are going through a really hard time right now. A home should not bring you depression and anxiety and we are sorry you are going through that right now.
    One option you could consider is speaking with a school counselor about what is going on. Sometimes talking to a professional can help you feel better and they may help you come up with options that you have not thought of. Also if you need services or ways to deal with depression and anxiety you can contact NAMI (national alliance for mental illnesses). They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI.
    Also if you were to leave before turning 18 your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you home.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X