Im 14 and want to live with my dad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 14 and want to live with my dad

My parents got divorced when i was around 2 or 3 just because they got married young and didnt give enough time to figure out if it would work out. The thing is my mom got custody and ive been living with her and visiting my dad on the weekends. but now i want to live with my dad but my mom wont let me is there anything I can do?

Hi there, thanks for reaching out today.

Sounds like you have been wanting to move in with your dad but you have been living with your dad. We are not legal experts, but since you see your dad on the weekends he might have some partial custody rights over you. If you haven't already, you might ask him if you can stay with him regularly. He could already might be able to help, or he could go to court or talk to your mom to try and advocate for you living with him. Here at NRS, we have a conference call service if you ever need help having a mediated call with one of your parents to go over this difficult issue and how you have been feeling don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

We hope this information is helpful. Please call or chat us so we can best help, www.1800runaway.org.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X