Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Legally get my fiancé out of his house?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Legally get my fiancé out of his house?

Hi I’m 20 years old and I’m engaged me and fiancé were living together in his house with his parents for over a year now. But recently they took everything away from him like his cell phone car computer and even took him out of college. Can they legally do that? And what I can I do to get him out of the house he is 19 and we are suppose to be getting married in December.

Hi I’m 20 years old and I’m engaged me and fiancé

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    We are not legal experts but in general if his parent’s own the possessions you mentioned legally they have the right. They may not be able to unroll him from college but they can refuse to pay for it. Eighteen is considered the legal age for adulthood in most states so since he is nineteen legally he should be able to move out.

Hope that makes sense. If you would like to speak more about this situation please reach out to NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org

Take care,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X