Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Im turning 14, almost 15, and I want to run away. I've considered it many times, but I really think I can go through with it now. I have enough money for a bus ticket, but I don't know where to go. Everyone I could stay with has contact with my parents, and they'll tell them in a heartbeat. I need help! It's not just over a dumb fight, it's that they call me dumb, worthless, unloved, and many other things. I started cutting over 4 years ago, and they make fun of me, telling me I should to kill myself already. My siblings are like that, too. They hit me, and call me even worse names, like slut, whore, **********, etc. Sometimes, my family won't even feed me. I've gone two weeks without food at times. Please help me with a plan!

Re: Help

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline – we’re glad you found us. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for support in making your plan, and you’ve clearly been very resilient in staying strong through your situation thus far. It sounds like you’re feeling unhappy and unsupported at home. No one deserves to be hit, called names or belittled. It’s understandable that you’d be thinking through your options outside the home.

We aren’t legal experts here at NRS, but not feeding you could potentially be considered neglect. Parents are legally responsible for feeding their kids, and the local child protective services agency is there to keep kids safe and to investigate cases in which parents aren’t keeping their responsibilities. If you think filing an abuse report would ever be an option for you, you could always call ChildHelpUSA at 1-800-422-4453 to ask any questions you may have about reporting. If you wanted support in making this call, we could talk you through it and help you call out to Child Help USA to file a report.

You noted you’ve been cutting, and your parents have been particularly unsupportive in that regard. There are people out there who understand and want to support you. You may consider checking out To Write Love on Her Arms https://twloha.com/, they also have a crisis text line: https://twloha.com/blog/weve-partner...ha-to-741-741/.

It sounds like you’re already thinking through a plan for leaving home. Running away is a big decision, and there are many things to consider when making your plan. The best way to talk through these many considerations is to give us a call or chat us so we can talk through your plan in depth – we’re here for you 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) and in the afternoons and evenings on chat. We have a huge database of safe places for youth to go, and could talk through some of the logistical challenges of travelling as a minor (many bus and train lines have policies for youth under 17), as well as the legal issues around leaving home as a minor.

Again, you’re so brave to reach out and we hope you’ll do so again to work out your plan in further detail. Stay Strong!

Best of luck,
    NRS
    ccsmod15
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 07-18-2016, 08:19 PM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X