Please help, I'm so unhappy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, I'm so unhappy

I'm very unhappy living at home with my family, my grandad has recently passed away, my boyfriend and I broke up, and I lost an average of 15 freinds in the past 2 weeks. I don't want to live here anymore, but have no where to go? I know that if I run away my family will not stop u till they find me but I know if I stay here, I won't last very long...

Re: Please help, I'm so unhappy

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you have suffered a lot of loss. We are sorry to hear this. We want you to know that you are not alone and that we are always here to listen to you. It also sounds like you want to leave but you are still on the fence about it because you do not have the resources. We here at the National Runaway Safeline have a database full of resources and are more than happy to talk to you and discuss your options.
    We also want you to know that we are not legal experts nor are we affiliated with the police so we can only speak generally about what could happen if a youth leaves home without the consent of a guardian. For anyone under the age of 18 the parents have the right to make a runaway report. Since it’s only considered a status offense and not a crime to run away, the only thing that would happen is that the police will pick up the youth and bring them back home. This is of course if they had any interaction with the police directly. If the youth is found to be living with anyone else the person that they are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway, which is a misdemeanor offense. You can find out more about how runaway’s reports are carried out by contacting your local police department. We say this because depending on the police district, the police department, the police officer their response may differ. If you would like we could contact your local non-emergency number for you or with you. Just give us a call and one of our trained liners would be happy to assist you.
    1-800-RUNAWAY
    We hope this helps and we look forward to your call.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X