Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel forced to run away after the life my parents force on me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel forced to run away after the life my parents force on me.

Okay so I am a thirteen year old girl. I am ready to run away this weekend. I have and idea of where to go but I
    am restricted by the dog I plan on bringing for safety and companionship. I have read many runaway guides
    and I know the basics. I also have a survival guide that I have read and will take with me. I do know how to
    pack, but could you give me a list of what to pack? Also, could you help with where a good idea of where to
    go would be in the long term. My list of problems just gets longer and longer. First of all this is not the
    first time I have thought about running away. I have run away twice and come back home. My parents were not
    aware that I was running away. Last time I was ready and forgot water of all things. I also need help about
    not getting found. I think though that you will not help me because I plan to run away and not stay in
    the “comforts of home.” I am one grade ahead of everyone else my age. I am too smart to stay in the unsafe
    life style I was born into. I was born into a family that is broken and distant on my moms side. My dads side
    is less obviously broken but the same applies. From the start my parents were controlling but fine. Now I and
    my siblings have been thrown against walls. People have tried to put my dog the only thing in this world besides
    God that I trust to sleep. People are always yelling at me and telling me I do not do a good job. I am behind on
    my school and I am afraid to tell them lest I am hurt. I am a secluded middle child who is often unwanted or
    people act like they care but don't change a thing. I am determined to run away for these reasons and more.
    Can you help me? I do know that it is ileagal to help me run away but at least you could advise me.

RE: I feel forced to run away after the life my parents force on me.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you have a lot going on with your family right now, and you feel that you need to run away. We see that you posted several times on our forums, so we will just respond to all your posts here. We are sorry to hear that your parents mistreat you. It is understandable that you are thinking about running away. You do not deserve to be harmed or thrown into a wall, and if your parents are physically abusive you have a right to make an abuse report with child protective services. We are not here to tell anyone what to do. It sounds like you plan to run away from home and take your dog, and you plan to live on the streets. If you run away from home, your parents can call the police, who will search for you and make you go back home. You may want to consider how you will find shelter. We can provide resources for shelters, but you should know that they will contact your parents, and you cannot stay with a dog at the shelter. You may want to also think about transportation, since you cannot take a dog with you to most places or on public transit. You may find it very difficult for you and your dog to survive on the streets, even for a short period of time, without a plan for how you will provide for your basic needs, like food and water for yourself and your dog. It sounds like you are also concerned about getting caught. A thirteen year old with a dog and lots of bags can quickly raise suspicion. It can be helpful to take a look at how you will meet your basic needs, like food and water, and what you imagine your life will be like if you successfully run away. You still have five years before you can access any services without your parents permission, and it could be difficult to be enrolled in school, or to access health care. If you need help talking about your plans and coming up with a realistic plan for staying safe, you can call us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY any time. We can help you come up with options for what you can do to improve your situation or find somewhere safe to go. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: I feel forced to run away after the life my parents force on me.

If you need help talking about your plans and coming up with a realistic plan for staying safe, you can call us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY any time.
      We can help you come up with options for what you can do to improve your situation or find somewhere safe to go. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon,
      and wish you the best of luck.[/QUOTE]

Well don't have a phone and i want to use the chat but unlike what this post says they were not happy to help

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X