I live in the United Arab Emirates and I want to run away from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in the United Arab Emirates and I want to run away from home

I'm 13 years old, an only child, and I live with my two parents. The reason I wanna run away is because I feel like: my mom is mean to me, she's always yelling at me, making fun of me. My dad makes fun of me a lot (in a mean way), and he never shows that he loves me. I feel like a mistake or that I wasn't wanted or something. This isn't my first time, I've felt like this dozens of times before and this is just another one. I tried to be patient and wait it off, or atleast talk to my parents. However, they're quite small minded and I don't think they take the stuff that I say seriously.

I get in a lot of trouble for stuff like lying about little things. My parents usually take away all my stuff and take away most of my privileges. My dad is always saying that "I have it too good", and tells my mom I should sleep on the floor, and not have a phone, and if I wanna run away then he doesn't care, it's my life.

The only problem is I don't know where I would stay, and if I ever got caught I wouldn't want to come back to live w/ my parents. I'm kinda nervous. I wish I could just be adopted or something or have the police help or something but I feel like the police here would be more in favor of my parents since they didn't really do anything illegal technically.

Bottom line is: toxic environment, I don't wanna be in this household or live with this family anymore.

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X