Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend's mother is kicking him out, and he has nowhere to go. What should I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend's mother is kicking him out, and he has nowhere to go. What should I do?

My friend "G" has been living in a very unsafe place for him, for most of his life. He's been sexually assaulted over the past four years by his mother's (now ex) boyfriend. He's been beaten, starved, and much more. It pains me to hear that he's dealt with such trauma--all of which his mother didn't even bat an eye at. Apart from all of this, his mother is forcing him to get a job, while he's still healing from certain things. (I won't go into detail, but it's trauma related). If he fails to get a job he's getting kicked out, and won't be able to take anything with him. He has a week. What should I do? I can't drive, and even if I could my parents wouldn't let him stay. He has no one else to take him in either.

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing a bit about what's going on - we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds like you care a lot about G and his well-being, you're a very good friend. If G's mother kicks him out of the home, it can be considered neglect. G did not deserve to be abused and his mother's actions are inexcusable. If he's like, he has the right to file an abuse report. If he feels like this is an option he may want to explore, he may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help file a report if that’s the route he's considering. It may also be a good idea for him to explore options for staying with another family member or someone he trusts as far as transferring custody.

It sounds like there's a lot going on in G's life and it may be a good idea for him to contact us directly so we can go in-depth about his situation and explore options and supports that he might have available to him. He can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X