•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you are having a hard time living at home with your mom, which may be a frustrating and difficult situation for you. Without knowing other details about what’s going on, it is hard to know what your options may be for your situation. If you feel comfortable doing so, you can always reach out to us by calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us at www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) so we can talk more about your situation with you. We are always happy to listen and provide you with resources and support. If you are ever at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    I don’t want to live with my mum anymore

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi, thank you for reaching out to us at National Runaway Safeline. We appreciate and understand the courage it takes to reach out and let us know what is going on. It seems like you are going through a hard time right now and you have considered running away as a viable option. You may want to consider this information on runaway laws prior to making any decisions. While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Additionally, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions. If you would like to be put in contact with resources in your area, feel free to call or chat 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). We are a 24-hour service and are available to help anytime. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon. Best of luck, NRS.

Guest replied
    i feel like if i ran away my mom wouldn't even care. I actually talked to my step dad about it he said " i would even pay you to leave"
    I cant tell if he is joking or not because he has always been like that.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hi there,

It sounds like you are going through a very tough time and we are glad you reached out to us. It is very brave of you to take steps to make your situation better and we will do our best to help you find resources that may be helpful to you.

Your current living situation also sounds very challenging. If you think it would be helpful to you, you can also call us and we can arrange a conference call with your Mom to talk about how you feel.

Do you have friends or family or a teacher or counselor at school you are comfortable talking to that you are comfortable talking to about your situation? They may have advice or ideas that may be helpful to you.

There may also be legal resources available to talk to you about your options. If you call us, one of our volunteers can help you find resources in your area. If you are uncomfortable making the call, one of our volunteers can make the call with or for you.

You can also always contact us via chat at www.1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We have volunteers available 24/7 to talk and to help you find resources that may be helpful to you.

We wish you the best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    So currently I'm living with my mom. Its a mess im always taking care if my sibling and doing everything she should be doing. I want to live with my dad because i feel like and actually 15 year old i feel like me. Ive tried to explain to my mom i want to live with my dad but she said he lies to much and all he do is care for his wife. That's not true when i went to see my dad almost a year ago i was happy i felt like i had a family, But with my mom i feel like i don't have a family. I want to go to court for my dad to get full custody over me. But the only problem with that if my mom finds out she will be mad at me forever i love her i really do but i also love my dad. I just dont wanna be at my moms anymore. I have tried everything but she gets mad at me every time. I just need some help so what should i do in this situation.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you are going through a rough time. It sounds like you may be thinking about suicide. That concerns us and we want to let you know we are here to listen and help in any way we can. You can call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us via the chat feature on our website: www.1800runaway.org. You can also reach out for help at the following website and phone number: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ 1-800-273-8255. We hope to hear from you soon to talk about what's going on.

Please be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    she says that it’s better for me to not run away and to not kill myself but i just am not happy right now. i wanna to kill myself. i feel kinda bad but not too bad. she honestly ruined my life.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes great courage to reach out and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s been going on. It sounds like being at home with your mom is a really difficult environment. No one deserves to be verbally abused and threatened by a parent.

You mentioned that you would like to live with your grandma. While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If your mom gives you permission to stay at your grandma’s house, that sounds like it could be a great option to give you and your mom some space and for you to be in a more stabilizing environment. However, it might be important for you to know that if you do leave home without your mom’s permission and stay with your grandma, she might get in trouble and could be charged with harboring a runaway.

It sounds like you might get along better with your grandma than your mom and that she might be a source of support for you. If you haven’t already, it might be a good idea to share what has been going on at home with her. It might be helpful to have someone you can talk to about your situation, and perhaps she could also bring up the possibility of you staying with her in case your mom might be more open to that idea if she hears it from your grandma. These are just some suggestions, but ultimately you know your situation best and if that would actually be helpful or not.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us at www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). If you are ever at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    I do not want to live with my mom anymore I want to live with my grandma, my mom is verbally abusive she makes me watch her children & threatens me. It’s an unstable environment

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on between you and your mom. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    The easiest way to leave home is with your mom’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your mom. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    i dont wanna live with my mom, i sit here every day wanting to cry because idk how to tell here it hurts idk what to do

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes a lot of courage to reach out for help, so thank you for sharing your situation and how you're feeling with us. Please know that you do not deserve the emotional abuse that your mom is putting you through. You deserve to be accepted for who you are, to be loved and cared for at home. Your mom is saying these things because of who SHE is, not because of who you are. We're glad that your friend and their family are there for you, we want you to know that we are here to support you as well.

If you ever need to talk through the depression you're feeling, feel free to call SAMHSA’s National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357). They are a national organization that specializes in providing confidential, 24/7 mental health services. Additionally, if you'd like to talk more about your specific situation or running away, we are here. We're happy to help you look for shelters or provide other resources you need. NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance, so if you would like to talk more in detail, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe and take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi.i am 12 years old living with my mother I am really depressed and stressed out how the way I look and feel My mother calls me fat almost everyday and she tells at me for no reason and litterly I dont feel scared or loved anymore I dont know what to do . She always thinks I'm lying when I'm not lying she litterly threatens to ground me if I dont di anything right and at thos point I dont wanna be with her I dont wanna see her anymore. One time j asked to live with my bestfriend because her whole family treats me nice they care about me they make sure I'm ok I just want to be with them and when I asked my mom just got mad at me and argued with me she even tried to say "IS YOUR BEST FRIEND FAT" and I just dont know what to do anymore I'm tired of it I'm just so sick and tired of being treated like this I dont wanna eat I dont fall asleep until 2 or 3 am i just wanna go

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out, we understand it can be hard to take that first step. We’re glad you feel this is a safe space to talk about what’s been going on. It sounds like things have been pretty frustrating not only at home but with friends. It can feel like the days pass so slowly, but what is important is that you make it to that date where you will feel you are finally enjoying the life you have. Hold on to that, the feelings of not being able to do much as a minor are temporary. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X