Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at the end of my rope

I just dont know what to do anymore. I really dont. You are my last chance...really...no joke.
    I have been to counseling and have talked, I am on medicine...several actually. I am depressed to the point os suicide and have just been labeled as an insomniac. I am only 18 and I have the problems of someone having a mid-life crisis or something. Not to mention, my home life is not the greatest; I tried to run away and commit suicide before but I am still here apparently.
    Please, I need help. Someone tell me what to do.

Re: at the end of my rope

We are glad that you reached out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you have been working on your depression, but it hasn’t changed. How long have you felt this way? You have mention that you have been in counseling, how long have you been seeing your counselor? How long have you been on your medication? Do you feel it is helping? If not have you talked to your doctor about it? Sometimes medication can take awhile before it actually starts to help because it has to adjust to our natural body chemistry. What has been going on for you when you start to feel depress? It takes a lot of strength to talk to someone when you are feeling depress or even suicidal. Although we can’t tell you what to do, we are non-judging and completely confidential hotline. We hope to be able to provide support and also resources for you. How many times have you tried to runaway? You had mention that you had also tried to commit suicide, how long ago was that and how did you attempt? Do you currently feel suicidal? Do you have a plan?

You said that you have talked about how you are feeling, do you find it helpful? Who have you talked to about this (parents, friends, relative, neighbor or teacher)? We do empathize with your feelings of having a mid-life crisis. What makes it feel like you are possibly having a mid-life crisis? You had mention that home life is not the greatest, do you feel comfortable talking about what makes you feel that way? If you feel that you are in immediate danger of harming yourself or others, then we suggest that you call 9-11 for emergency response.

You can also call:
    National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or view their website: http://www.suicidehotlines.com/ .
    National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) or view their website: http://hopeline.com/.

We are 24/7 confidential crisis line that you welcome to call and talk to about whatever you would like when you feel comfortable. You can reach us at 1-800RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we look forward in hearing from you!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I have felt this way since 4th grade...that was the first time I tried to commit suicide.
      I have had both the medication and the counselor for almost 2 years.
      I don't like going to talk but I go anyway because I should.
      Honestly, I don't feel that talking helps me any.

I have tried to runaway 3x since the New Year, but I have thought about it since 7th grade.
      I tried to commit suicide(via pills) the night I sent my first message.
      I have tried countless times with various methods since 4th grade.
      Yes I do have a recently updated plan.
      I have called the National Suicide Hotlines already....didn't really get very far. I didn't feel any connection.

I don't really want to talk about my home life.
      Just understand that it not nearly the greatest.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for posting again. You said you tried to committ suicide the last time you posted by taking some pills. Have you taken anything tonight? We realize the difficulty in finding your way through the crisis you are expericencing. We are more than happy to talk or just listen to what ever is on your mind tonight or any day of the week. We would like to hear about What you are going through that has you feeling this way.
        We understand that you don't want to talk about your home life so what else would you you like to talk about?
        You said you don't like going to counseling to talk but you feel you should we're glad to hear you acknowledge that and hope you will continue to try and work through this difficult time. Please consider calling our 1-800-Runaway 24hr Hotline. Even though you did not feel a connection with one of the referrals we offered we hope that you would try again or mabe try some others when you are feeling in crisis.

Covenant House
        1-800-999-9999
        Families Anonymous
        1-800-736-9805

Have you come up with any coping methods in counseling for when you are in crisis? Do you have a friend you could call or is there an emergency number for your counselor?
        It's great that you are reaching out to us through your bulletins? It's very couragous of you to share your situation with others. Sometimes helping others can bring a sense of satisfaction. A feeling of reward from lending a hand where it's needed. Would you consider volunteering somewhere? Do you like animals? What would you think about volunteering at a pet shelter or doing readings at your local library? There may be even more options for you to explore in this area so we hope you give us a call or try http://www.volunteer.gov
        Life can have some difficult moments that seem to last longer than you might expect. You reached out to us and we appreciate your doing so. We're here at 1-800-Runaway 24hrs a day be well and take care.

nrs
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

VcCmCqboCuIwNohyTv

Ugh. I'm tired of dealing with my mohetr (although I like my Dad)She tells me I'm ugly, goes in depth, that I'm stupid and will never go to college (I have a medical condition that causes excessive absences; I'm in advanced classes and make nearly all A's),she says I eat my ramen wrong (Really, REALLY?) And today she cancelled my chiropractor because she was tired. I HAVE to go because it helps keep me in school, and she starts screaming how selfish, I am and how I don't care about anyone else but myself. When I get migraines (frequently) she will come in and holler for me not cleaning. And then she'll force me to do it while I still have one. She always tells me that I'm fat and does and says hypocritical things. I talk with my chemistry teacher about it but it's really a Wow, she is such a *****! type convo. And my dad has to side with her to save himself, she screams and throws things when she gets mad. This easter, I got an easter bunny to the face several times (I'd asked if I could have one of her easter bunnies. She got so mad she threw them at me saying Don't ever assume you're included and everytime I set them down she would throw them at me. Same with a deck of cards later that month. I'm still missing a king of hearts, haha!) Besides that she says I'm useless, worthless, etc.I was thinking of moving in with a friend, but I'm not quite old enough and my states laws would get them in trouble if I didn't get the disabilities of minority thing removed first.Ah, a mohetrs love. Nothing quite like it.

Comment

re: at the end of my rope

Hi and thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are having a hard time in your relationship with your mom and that you are not always getting along. It sounds like your mom says some really hurtful things and it can be difficult to live in a home where you are being treated that way. Is there anyone that you feel supports you?

You mentioned that your mom screams and throws things when she is mad. Do you ever feel unsafe or like she is going to hurt you when she becomes angry? If you feel as though you are unsafe, you can always call 9-1-1 or consider abuse reporting. You could talk to a trusted adult such as a teacher or counselor or contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24 hours a day to report what you are going through. We are here to support you on the lines and also through live chat from 4:30-11:30pm CST. Wishing you the best,

-NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
            x
            x
            Working...
            X