No announcement yet.

I want to run away...

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to run away...

    I am 14 years old and want to run away, my step mom and my dad have emotionally, verbally, and sometimes physically abused me. I don't know what else to do, so I think I am going to leave school early tomorrow, and walk 5 and a half hours away to my boyfriends house, I just don't know what to do. I can never do anything right, and I always act so impulsively on my feelings, but I honestly just don't want to be here anymore. I am grounded and don't have my phone, so I stole my older brother phone from like 3 years ago to use so I could text my boyfriend so he wouldn't freak out, but my parents found that phone and confiscated it. I honestly just don't know what to do. oh, and did I mention the my "step mom" and my dad aren't even together anymore, but my dad refuses to believe that their relationship is over so we haven't moved out yet, but I don't have a huge problem with my dad, its just that I hate my step mom and refuse t live with her, I have a plan set in place so I can move out when I turn 17, but right now, that's too far away. So what should I do? Because ATM I am just going to school tomorrow to print out the directions to my boyfriends house, and then I am going to leave. At the very least I can crash there for a while, right?

  • #2
    It must be hard to live in a such a toxic environment. If you don’t feel safe in your household you can contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453 and file an abuse report on your parents. Since you explained that you sometimes act impulsively, maybe before making any big decisions you could think it over and make sure that whatever you decide you are in a safe environment. It may help to talk to your dad, family or friends that you are comfortable with about some of the issues you are having at home. It can be helpful to talk to someone about the way you are feeling. If you don’t have anyone you can try talking to a guidance counselor or text NAMI to 741741.
    Since you are minor if you runaway to your boyfriends house your parents could file a runaway report and the police would return to back home if they find you. Your boyfriend could be charged with harboring a runaway. We hope that you might consider reaching out to us to talk over your situation. We are here to listen and to help and to help keep you safe and off the streets. Whether by phone or live chat, we can help you discover the options that you have.
    You can reach us 24/7 by phone at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or via live chat through the website at We hope to hear from you!

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp