•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.

We are sorry to hear that you feel like you do not belong and that you feel misunderstood, that must be super frustrating. One option you can consider would be to talk with your legal guardian about how you feel and they may be able to change what they are doing to make you feel more secure. You could also consider talking with your school counselor about what is going on at home, they may be able to offer you resources.

As far as leaving your home, we are not legal experts but we do have some information. If you were to leave your home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call or chat with us. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support to you. We wish you the best of luck!

NRS

Guest replied
    hi i want to leave my home cause i feel so misunderstood and feel like i don't belong and i feel like this was a set up. ineed some where also to live. i need someone who looks like me with brown skin who is safe and healthy. i miss my real home in Africa.I'm adopted and feel like this is the right thing. my mom is always blaming me and its hurts. i live in a white family. i need to find my real family.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline, we’re here 24/7 to help you. It takes a lot of courage to reach out. It sounds like you are dealing with a difficult home life. It’s very stressful to have so much conflict and to not feel like there is anyone to turn to who understands. You deserve to live in a safe and supportive place.

Sometimes, talking to a friend, teacher, or school counselor can help relieve the stress and give you options you may not have considered. We aren't legal experts here by any means, but if you reached out to us we can walk through some of the general runaway information that we have and other possibles options of leaving home legally.

You mentioned that you were having some issues with and/or about your body. There might be some resources that we can recommend depending on what type of issue you could use some support for. You can call us or reach us on our online live chat service any time so that we can discuss your situation more specifically and give you the support that you deserve. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

We are here to help you.

Guest replied
    I want to leave my home it's draining and tiring I'm tired of living in my current home because my parents fuss a lot , my dad is so mean and we have to do everything for him because without us he would be nothing , I'm having issue with my body my mom tells me anytime I have a problem tell her but I tell her and sometimes she does nothing about it , my house is old and a literal dump and I'm just tired of having to put up with their stuff

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    I don’t wanna be home

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. It seems you're feeling fed up and are contemplating running away. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. What actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home.
    If running away is an option you are considering, there are a few things to keep in mind. Do you know of a safe place to stay? For how long would you plan on being away from home? How would you survive (food, clothes, etc)? It sounds like the situation at home leads you to feel like you need to leave to make yourself heard, or at least feel less antagonized. From what you’ve mentioned, you are doing your best to handle a lot of triggers that stress you out at home. We're glad you felt that you could contact us.

We encourage you to call us if you would like to discuss you situation in more detail, remember that we are available 24/7, and you can reach us by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and through chat services (www.1800runaway.org) from 4:30-11pm CST.

Best of luck to you,

NRS

Guest replied
    I have tried so hard to get better I’ve even been to multiple places that have tried to make me better but every time I am let out of those places it always goes back to being miserable and I am usually the cause so I am thinking that it would be better in the house if I was not living there so I am considering running away, if I decide to run away where would there be a good place to go if that does happen

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    replied
    re: I want to leave home I don't know where to go

Hey there,

It seems like you don't get along with your family well. You mentioned that you feel that your sister is being treated better than you are by your parents. We can imagine how frustrating that is for you. It's understandable that you want to leave home. We don't exactly know how old you are so it's hard for us to say what is available for you. If you are a minor and you leave home, there is a chance you could be taken back. Being minor on your own can be stressful. You may not have a place to live, and could end up homeless if you don't have plans to support yourself.

Have you considered telling your parents how you are feeling? Or maybe having someone help you explain this to them? That may be a good place to start. If you want us to help, we can help you with a conference call or even maybe talk with you about ways to talk to them.

Let us know if we can help,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: I want to leave home I don't know where to go

Hi,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It is not your fault that you are being abused. You do not deserve to be hit by your parents or anyone.
    It is very brave of you to write to us and express your feelings about what you have been going through.
    Your strength and desire to make a better way for yourself is something to be proud of.
    Good for you. It sounds like you have been having thoughts about leaving home.

It might help us to help you if we knew a little more about you and your situation.
    We hope you will consider calling 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit www.1800Runaway (live chat) to talk about what it is you have in mind.
    We hope that you will exercise some positive options when trying to cope with your frustrations.

We understand that it must get overwhelming at times and it might be a struggle to see your way clear.
    Just remember NRS is here to listen and here to help. We offer a safe place to express your feelings.

We hope that you feel a little better from reaching out tonight and we hope to hear from you soon.

Take Care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I want to leave home I don't know where to go

I want to leave home I don't know where to go

Ever since I was young I was abused emotionally mostly occasionally physically. I've tried to be a better person and not anger them but I have defended myself by insulting them and such. I use to self-harm (not cutting but other ways I don't want to talk about) in ways to cope instead of just crying like every other night. I constantly clean around the house to please my parents and vacuum do all the rooms, etc. I'm constantly insulted by my dad saying I am a mistake basically and I do nothing and gets extremely aggressive my mom I can tell doesn't really care about doing anything she of course prefers my little sister over me and my middle sister.shes spoiled and treated right she's a complete brat unlike me who always has to clean and do everything to please them. I’m tired of being constantly attacked I want to leave I don't have anywhere to go I want to keep studying to make something of myself but I don't want to cause too big of a deal. Where do I go? I don't know I can't stay here much longer this is too much
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X