X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to runaway but can't.

I don't fit in at home.
    I have my mom, dad, and 1 year old sister. I'm 12. I cry to myself every night for whatever reasons I was yelled at during the day.
    My parents always get mad at me, never listen, and just plain out hate me I think. They focus all of their time on my sister, and if I have the slightest slip in anything whatsoever, my day is automatically ruined.
    I don't know if this is considered verbal abuse or not, but I have been driven to a point a few time where I'd self harm by banging my head against a hard book.
    I want to run away so bad but don't know where to, or how to. Plus, I have my few friends I wouldn't want to disappear from.
    I'm always under stress whether from sports, school, or anything. I've even developed anxiety from what I believe to be all the telling at home.
    I've cried in front of my friends while they've been at my house, and I want to escape. I've tried sleepovers, staying in my room, almost everything. It just doesn't matter, there it feels like I'm trapped until I'm old enough to leave.
    How do I escape this? Please help me.

Re: I want to runaway but can't.

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re wanting to find a way to escape this. You mentioned a little about how you’ve coped, however, you do not feel things have helped much.

Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We cannot tell you what to do, but we’re here to listen and to help.

Be safe and take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X