Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 15 year old pregnant runaway...

My 15 year old daughter is pregnant, has runaway to stay with her 18 year old boyfriends mother. We live in Idaho and I know her running away is illegal here. I see a long road ahead of her constantly running away. Her boyfriend is very violent with her and recently attacked and beat up my husband whom is 61 years old. She ran away that day. As I called the police and ambulance. We are seeking a restraining order (which she is named in) but the officers have not been able to find her boyfriend to serve. I worry about my unborn grandchild. 1. Because paternity is an issue and fear what she will allow him to do, if not his. 2. My child is smoking marijuana and I wonder what it will do to the unborn child. 3. Will the state remove the BABY? 4. What are my right's? Can I prevent my grandchild from being lost in the system? 5. Once DNA is established can I have him charged with lewd and lascivious acts. As she claims he has never touched her, when questioned by the police. 6. Why did planned parenthood allow my minor child to remove her birth control implant? Lot's on my mind- Hope you can answer something.

Re: My 15 year old pregnant runaway...

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you fear a lot for the safety of your daughter and granddaughter. You ask a lot of important questions, and it may help to talk things through to sort through your options out loud. There are a lot of things that only DCFS and law enforcement would best answer.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice for assistance through email or forums. If you would like to talk more in detail and explore some options that keeps everyone safe, please reach out by phone or chat soon. We can offer some referrals that may help you gain some more helpful information to take action.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My 15 year old pregnant runaway

I'm extremely lost and heartbroken. I need other's opinions. I know she has an OB Dr. Appt. tomorrow. I'm struggling with the thought of sending the police to her appt. to retrieve her (this visit is to find abnormalities in the BABY and don't want to prevent the Dr. appt.). And once there hopefully the officers could serve a restraining order on the boyfriend. My fear is she will flip out, harm herself, the BABY in her womb (with stress), attack an officer and lose her Dr. with her explosive behavior. Her return home would turn into an all out war. I have a special needs child whom Sat in the living room as my front windows were shot out. All his things were pawned (as I've now found them in a pawn shop). The above info is background info for other questions. 1. Is there a place to send my daughter, to insure the health of the BABY? 2. To make sure he doesn't hurt her anymore? 3. To help her mentally? (ADHD, Bipolar, borderline personality disorder) as she is off her meds due to her pregnancy. 4. How do I protect our family? Instead of engaging in physical combat, How do I restrain her? I will soon call your hotline for the resources you have mentioned.

Comment

Re: My 15 year old pregnant runaway...

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. This sounds like a very difficult situation. The situation with you daughter seems to be taking a toll on you, causing you a lot of stress. You’ve shown a lot of strength reaching out to us.

There are a lot of resources available for pregnant girls and those with mental health issues. You state your daughter is a runaway. Have you filed a runaway report with the police about her? This would enable them to look for her and bring her home if found.

We hear your concern about her acting out. It sounds like she was under the care of a mental health professional. Would they be available to help you now? Perhaps she needs to be admitted to a hospital once the police pick her up rather than have her return home. There is an organization called SAMSHA 1-877-668-2528 which stands for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Perhaps they can help you find hospital placement for her. Another resource would be Planned Parenthood (1-800-230-7525) to discuss all her options regarding the baby (they do adoption services in addition to other options) plus provided free prenatal care and can eventually help get her on birth control if you support that. There is also the option of filing a petition in juvenile court for Minors in Need of Supervision (MINS) or Child in Need of Supervision (CHINS). If you’d like to talk more about tis please give us a call and we can talk more about what that process is like in your state. For yourself, there is Team H.O.P.E. (1-866-305-4673) which is a support hotline to provide support for parents. If you feel her boyfriend is physically abusing her have you considered calling the police to get an injunction against him so he can’t be around her anymore?

We know this is a lot that we’ve given you but you sound like you’re in a very tough position and need as much help as possible. We thank you for reaching out to us. That took a lot of strength on your part and suggests to us you can handle this situation well.

If you would like to discuss anything further, please call us at 1-800-786-0394. It’s clear you’re working really hard to keep your daughter and yourself safe. Someone is always hear to talk with you and support you in making your plan.

We wish you all the best,
        NRS
        ccsmod16
        Super Moderator
        Last edited by ccsmod16; 06-20-2016, 08:56 PM.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
        Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X