Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me, I can't take it anymore :(

Hi, I'm 15 (16 in October) Female.

My problem is with my Mother, she's a Narcissistic parent, I get mentally and emotionally abused and gaslighted all the time, and at this point I cry a lot and think about killing myself, I can't take this, all I want to do is go live with my older sister, but I know my mom can get her in trouble for something I'd rather not say, but my sister is a very responsible person and a very good parent and guardian, my mom looks like a great mom from an outsider, she's good at playing victim and I don't know how to show other people what I have to put up with, authorities here don't care unless you're physically abused.

I know this sounds like I'm being ungrateful, I understand that there are kids out there being physically abused and I'm glad I don't have to go through that, but I'm tired of being emotionally abused, controlled and isolated

Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - no one deserves to be abused in any kind of way. You mentioned that you have been crying a lot and have thought about killing yourself, we care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

It sounds like your mom aren’t listening to you when you are trying to express your thoughts and feelings about your current situation. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member (possibly your sister) to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X