Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give me advice

I live with my mom older brother and stepfather but I cant live here anymore. My older brother scares me. He hurts emotionally and physically. Just the other day we got in a fight on my moms bed and he pushed me off. My back landed on a box with sharp corners it was just below my head and anytime I move my back alot it still hurts. It has called me a hore called me lazy stupid an idiot and more bad language. When I said I wanted to live with my dad he said dad will beat me and that he hope dad kills me. My step dad never sticks up for anyone he always want to be everyone's friend. He works 6am till about 10 11 PM like late at night. He has many jobs.hes off on sundays and most of Saturdays but that's it. On those Saturdays and sundays he and mom go shopping for things they dont need. We have to big cases full of pops and on top of the cases. My mom got a plastic forky from toy story at a mall right after I got off the plane from dads. I stay at dad usually during the summer. My mom freaks out alot and says things like well if u dont like it here go live with ur dad. She has been behind on car payments banks have been below and she just left them and gone to new ones without paying back. She quit her job twice this school year last time she quit early March and just got her job about 2 weeks ago and now she dosent like the pay because it is lower than what she had so she's thinking about quitting. 2 nights ago I told her she cant quit and have no job for a couple more months. She freaked out and said I do nothing around the house when I cook just the day before I cooked barbecue and I give her tea or ice ice ice water just water with extra ice and I clean up the cat and dog poop all the time. That's another thing there is usually piles of poop from the door to the kitchen and piss. Piss on the trashcan poop on the counters in the sink. When I told her I wanted to leave because if those reasons she cleaned most of it up i guess cause she didnt want evidence. The toiles don't flush unless u hold it down the downstairs bathroom dosent have a doorknob so that dosent close and has a hole where it should be the upstairs bathroom dosent close. The only room with a lock is mom and my step dads room. My mom has been trying to talk me out of leaving but I cant stay I have a suicidal past I've been in a psychiatric hospital twice and I cant feel like it again so I need to leave before it gets to the point to doing it again. I talked to my step mom and dad and My dad has planned a person to take me to the airport and a ticket so I can get there and they can pick me up. I haven't told my mom the date cause she hasent emailed my dad but I dont want her to stop me from going. Please give me advice...

Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - it sounds really stressful to have the house in such disrepair. Your brother's actions are unacceptable and you don't deserve to be abused in any way. It's great to hear that you have a good relationship with your dad and that you two have a plan in place.

You mentioned that you have a suicidal past and had some mental health issues. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. If you’d like some additional support, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741.

It sounds like your mom isn’t listening to you when you are trying to express your thoughts and feelings about your current situation, especially about the animal poop not being taken care of. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X