I’m 12 and I can’t live like this anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 12 and I can’t live like this anymore

I’m a 12 year girl, whose lives with my mom, dad, sister, and brother. I have always had issues with my sister, we fight a lot and have even hit each other. My brother and me are closer but he always has it out for me too. My dad grew up in a house where everything’s spick and spam or else you get whacked with a spoon so he’s like that now expect he doesn’t hit us. It is always just yelling. I always look forward to school because it gives me a chance to get away from my family. My parents won’t let me do the stuff i want because i’m “only 12” but i disagree. I can’t live like this anymore. I’ve been thinking about running away because it seems like the easier choice. My mom try’s to help but i feel like i’m not important to any of them. I get yelled at twice as much as my sister and brother. And my brother blames me for everything. I feel like I was a mistake. And i think i wasn’t planned to be like this. I think i’m too much for my parents! NRS HELP ME!!

Hi, Thank you for reaching out to us, we are glad that you did. It sounds like things at home are really stressful for you with a lot of yelling, and it’s even harder when you feel that you’re not important and that you’re not allowed to do things because of your age. It sounds like you’ve been thinking of running away and we’d like to talk with you about that because we are dedicated to helping keep youth safe and off the streets. We can also talk about the other things that you are going through because we are here to listen and to help and if we talk things over, we could help you find a way to feel better at home. We are very glad that your dad doesn’t hit you and that your mom tries to help.

We are here 24/7 either at our telephone hotline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or through live chat at 1800runaway.org Either way that is more comfortable for you to reach out, we will be here for you.
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X