HARD TO DEAL WITH THIS STRESS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HARD TO DEAL WITH THIS STRESS

MY PARENTS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY. THEY ARE SUCH BIASED PPL AND I JUST CAN'T HELP BUT TO GO BANANAS OVER IT. THEIR NOT BIASED ALL THE TIME BUT NEITHER ONE OF THEM LIKE TO LISTEN TO ANYTHING I HAVE TO SAY. I MEAN I CAN TALK TO MY DAD ABOUT BOYS WHICH IS SOMETHING I CANT DO WITH MY MOM & IT REALLY URKS MY NERVES. MY MOM NEEDS TO JUST FACE REALITY. SHE RECENTLY FOUND OUT I WASNT A VIRGIN ANYMORE AND EVERYTIME I GO SOMEWHERE AND THERE MIGHT HAPPEN TO BE BOYS SHE ALWAYS SAYS SOMETHING SMART,, WELL BASICALLY ITS LIKE SHE THINKS IM GOING TO SLEEP WITH ANY GUY I GO OUT WITH.SHE DOESNT TRUST ME. I TRY TO TELL HER THINGSTHAT ARE GOING ON IN MY LIFE RATHER ITS ABOUT SCHOOL, BOYS, MY HOBBIES AND ANYTHING ELSE ON MY MIND. BUT AS LONG AS IM TALKING ABOUT BOYS SHE SAYS SOMETHING SMART AND TELLS ME SHE DOESN'T WANNA HEAR IT. INSTEAD SHE ASKS MY SISTER THINGS ABOUT ME RATHER THAN GETTING INFO FROM THE DIRECT SOURCE WHOM IS ME. MY DAD IS SO FRUSTATING IT MAKES NO SENSE. HE YELLS ABOUT ANY AND EVERYTHING. IF I GET A BAD GRADE,, HE THINKS ITS BECAUSE IM ON THE PHONE ALL NIGHT WHICH IS TOTALLY UNTRUE AND MAKES NO SENSE. HE'S ALWAYS COMPARING ME WITH MY OTHER SIBLINGS WHOM ARE ALL GROWN. MY PARENTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING A DIVORCE SOON. TH[SUPPOSEDLY;] AND ITS GETTING ON MY NERVES. I MEAN,, MY PARENTS WERE NEVER A LOVEY DOVEY COUPLE BUT I'VE ADAPTED TO WAKING UP TO BOTH PARENTS MY WHOLE 16 YEARS OF LIVING. I MUST ADMIT THEIR A PRETTY DULL COUPLE BUT ANYWHO... NOW A DAYS MY MOM DOESNT DO ANYTHING BUT CRY AND TALK ABOUT CHANGE. I LOVE MY MOM TO DEATH AND I DONT MIND BEING HER ROCK BUT I SEE IT LIKE THIS: WHOSE MY ROCK?? IM SURE MY BOYFRIEND IS TIRED OF HEARING OF THIS DRAMA JUST AS MUCH AS I AM. AND HE SO GOOD OF A BOYFRIEND, I KNOW HE'S NOT GOING TO TELL ME ITS GETTING ON HIS NERVES. WELL ITS GETTING ON MY NERVES. AND MY MOM IS ALWAYS ASKIN ABOUT WHAT MY DAD SAYS WHEN SHE'S NOT AROUND. MY DAD SPOILS ME MORE BUT IN A STRANGE WAY. ITS LIKE THEIR COMPETING FOR MY AFFECTION. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! I CAN'T STAY IN THIS HOUSE WITH MY PARENTS ANY LONGER IF I FEEL LIKE THEIR NOTHING MORE THAN MY ROOMMATES... THEN,, I HAVE 1 OF MY BESTFRIENDS. WE'RE NOT AS CLOSE AS WE WERE AND ITS BOTHERING ME. WE DONT EVEN SPEAK AS MUCH IN SCHOOL ANYMORE. I HATE THAT I FEEL LIKE MY WORL KEEPS TUMBLING DOWN. I WRITE POETRY TO CALM MY NERVES AND EXPRESS MY FEELING BUT THIS POETRY ISNT WORKING ANYMORE..PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Re: HARD TO DEAL WITH THIS STRESS

Thanks so much for writing in and letting us know a little bit about your situation. It sounds like your dealing with a lot at home right now and are getting pretty frustrated with the situation. You mentioned feeling like your parents are biased about a lot of situations and feeling like they don’t understand. It sounds like you want to be able to open up with your parents but that’s not always easy, it seems especially in the case with your mom. Have you ever spoken with your mom about how it makes you feel when she makes smart or sarcastic comments towards you? If not, what do you think she would say if you brought it up to her? Do you feel like the relationship with your parents has always been like this or have you noticed just recently that it is strained. It’s certainly never easy to feel like you are trying to reach someone and tell them what you are going through, and feeling like you are not being heard. You mentioned also that your parents are currently going through a divorce. Do you think this has effected your interactions with them or the other way around? Divorce can be a very difficult thing for the entire family to go through? How are you dealing with all of these changes? It sounds like you have a really great support in your boyfriend and that you’re able to talk with him, but at the same time are sick of dealing with all the drama. You also mentioned that you like to write poetry and that has helped you in the past, but doesn’t seem to be doing much anymore. Are there other activities you like to do that help to relieve stress and deal with the situation? It also sounds like you are feeling sad and frustrated because you and your friend seem to be drifting apart. It must be hard dealing with all of this at once and feeling like everything is falling apart. What do you think would help with this situation? Are there things you feel you can do that would help you cope with what is going on around you? It’s not always easy to open up and discuss problems you may be having, so you should be very proud of yourself to be able to write so openly and share what’s going on. If you feel you want to talk more about this situation you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline that is available 24 hours a day. Even if you feel you need to just vent about the situation we are here to listen. In the meantime take care of yourself and remember you have a listening ear if you need one.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X