Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotionally Abusive Step Dad.

I am not narcissistic. I understand I mess up and many people have it much worse than me, but my step dad make my life a living hell. He likes to yell at me for every little thing I do and bring up all my past mistakes every time he can. He puts me down every time I ever get excited about anything, and he rarely lets me have a life. When he gets slightly angry about anything he uses his position as a parent with power over me and threatens to take away everything I earned and pay for ( such as my car) even when I have done nothing wrong. He calls me worthless, and idiotic, and so many other things. He treats nobody in my family like this except myself. I've tried look at things from his point of view and been understanding but it doesn't help, he has no reason to treat me this way. There is so much more I could say but after years of this, I have lost track of what hes done. Please help me. I genuinely feel like I have no options anymore, I feel hopeless. I love my mom but I cant take this anymore.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out to NRS. From what you mentioned, your step dad has been making life at home very stressful for you. Home is supposed to be safe and supportive and it sounds like that has not been the case. It is not okay for your step dad to be talking down to you and diminishing your accomplishments. It is understandable you would want to leave even though you do still love your mom. We believe you and can help you brainstorm some possible options.

If you think talking to your mom about how you have been feeling, we can help you have that conversation. We can facilitate a conversation between you and your mom to make sure you feel heard and advocate for your needs. We also encourage you to think of people you trust who you can talk to for support. This could be another family member, a friend, or another adult you trust.
    The national safe place can help connect you to a safe place to go to if you feel like you need some space from home. All you have to do is text “connect” and your current address to 44357.

We can best be of help by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or chat through our website 1800runaway.org. We are available 24/7 to listen and help you talk through what you think might be the best decision for you. We know things might seem hopeless right now, but you are not alone and there are options available for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon,

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X