• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod2
    replied
    re: I am 15 with divorced mom and step dad

Hi,

You seem to be going through a lot with you mom not giving you the freedom to live with your step dad. It sounds like you feel that she isn't supporting you like she should, and you want to be away from her. We can imagine how stressful that must be for you. It can be hard trying to explain to your parents what you feel that you need, especially if they won't listen. Your mom does have the right to file a runaway report if you leave. If that happens, it is possible for the police to take you back home. You may want to consider whether or not running away is worth the risk of being sent back. It may possibly make your home situation worse. Also, being on the streets isn't usually the safest thing to do in general. It can be scary. We want to offer any support to you that we can. If you need us further, you are more than welcome to reach out.

Best of luck,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic i am 15 with divorced mom and step dad

i am 15 with divorced mom and step dad

Its a really long story so to keep it simple, my mom already got divorced when i was around four and got remarried when i was five. recently, around five months ago, my step dad left and he and my mom got divorced. ever since, my mom has been very selfish and treats me like i'm nothing. for example, she yells at me about nearly everything and always tells her friends about my mistakes and talks bad about me in front of my face. she recently, a month ago, decided she wanted to move. she told me about moving to LA and i got very upset, which would be typical of any person. but in my case i was especially upset because i was bullied at my old school and just this year, sophomore year, i moved schools and created a new and better life. my mom keeps changing her mind about where we are moving and we only have until august, so i am stressing out about that along with the fact that she has no sense of logic whatsoever.she has never kept a job because "it doesnt satisfy what she likes" leading to us relying only on the money my step dad is forced to gives us and a small amount of child support. she spends a great part of our money on unnecessary things for herself, such as a disneyland annual pass and clothing.basically I have reached a point where i dont want to live with my mom anymore, i want to live with my step dad but she tells everyone i hate him and makes the decisions for me. i have thought about a lot recently if its even worth living if i am never happy with my mom. i also have highly considered running away but i also know she will go crazy and call police and all that. i just wish there was a way to live with my step dad.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X