No announcement yet.

how to runaway to another country when im 15?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how to runaway to another country when im 15?

    i am considered legal the place i want to move, but i have no clue how i can move there without my parents permission. i have a place there that i can stay but i have no clue how to do it. i live in america, by the way. i hate living in this household and im scared constantly. i just want to be able to pack up and move to a different country. how would i go about aquiring citizenship there without parents permission? i constantly talk to my mom about leaving and she just makes fun of me and says the only way ill be able to make money is by prostitution (which i will never do no matter what) im so lost. i had a therapist who tried to get me emancipated but right when they heard that, and right when he started criticizing their parenting, they never let me see him again.
    tldr: how do i get citizenship to live in another country without parents permission?

  • #2

    Thank you for contacting NRS! From what you shared it sounds like your parents are not making home a safe or supportive place to live. You deserve to feel cared for and loved. It is really good you had a therapist you felt you could confide in and we are sorry to hear you are not able to see him anymore. Having an important support system taken away can be really difficult.

    We are not legal experts, so we cannot say for sure how you might be able to get citizenship in a different country as a minor, but it is most likely a very difficult process that could take a long time. It is great you feel you have someone who would be willing to support you, but moving to a different country may make it very difficult to keep yourself safe.

    If you feel like you need some space from your parents, the National Safe Place can provide a place for you to go to. Just text the word “safe” and your current location to 44357 for the nearest safe place.

    Since you mentioned that your parents stopped letting you see your therapist, you can text “connect” to 741741 to talk to a counselor with the National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI). Additionally, we encourage you to reach out to us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or chat at to talk more about your situation. We are available 24/7 to listen and support you.

    Please give us a call or chat soon!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp