Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I move out of my stepdad and moms house when I’m 15

My stepdad and I don’t get along and haven’t since I was about 6, my mom married him when I was 5 and I’m 15 now but every time I try talking to him or being nice at all he just turns it into a argument but today was a special day because he was talking about me to one of my stepbrothers behind my back and I asked what was happening and he started saying how he doesn’t want me in his house and how I always go to my mom for everything and when I told him that it’s because we don’t get along he came at me and tried to hit me and told me that I’m not allowed in his house anymore. Then he went in the house and told my mom that I was back talking and she took his side and later when they told me to come home or they would call the police on me for running away I got in trouble and wasn’t allowed to say my side because she didn’t want to here it from me and I don’t know what to do he acts like a little 4 year old and always tells my mom on me so I will get yelled at

Hi, thank you for reaching out to us. We are glad that you did. It sounds like you have been dealing with a lot for a very long time. Your stepdad not getting along with you and even when you were a child and now when you try to just talk to him, he turns it into an argument and then hearing him talk about you behind your back; all of that must be so stressful. We are sorry that you are going through all of this. And then today when he tried to hit you and put you out of the house and your mom wouldn’t listen to your side either; this is a lot for anyone to deal with. It is understandable that you want to get out of the house.
    We want to help you figure out what your options might be. If we could talk with you either by phone or chat, we could hear more about your situation and who might be able to help you and what help might be in your area.
    We really are here to listen and to help and hope you can reach us either through our telephone hotline at 1-800-runaway (1-800-786-2929) or our live chat through the website 1800runaway.org We are here for you 24/7 to listen and to help.

Sincerely, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X