Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom

Hello and I have a PROBLUM with my mom she is very nice except when she is mad, she will yell and curse and make me cry and scared not of her hurting me but I feel like she doesn't love me anymore we will be happy and BAM a fight will break out and I almost never talk back so I don't know how to approach her cause she never wants to talk about stuff like this and I don't know if I should runaway, call my grandma and grandpa or tell a freind and hope she helps or to pack a bag and just leave so many options and I don't know what to do

RE: My mom

Hello there,
    We’re so glad you came to us today. It sounds like there’s some stuff building between you and mom and it’s been really hard for you to deal with. That can be so frustrating. We want you to know that we’re here to help in any way we can.
    Since it sounds like you have had a pretty good relationship with your mom otherwise, we’d like to let you know about a service we provide here at National Runaway Safeline. If you wanted, you could call in here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we could make a call out to mom for a conference call. It might help to have a third person on the line to try and keep things civil between the two of you and establish some ground rules for the call (like no swearing, no yelling). It sounds like there’s a lot going on. It might be helpful to sort all this out with mom and see if there is any common ground between the two of you.
    If you’re not comfortable doing that or you don’t think it’s a good option, it sounds like reaching out to your grandparents or a friend might be a good thing to do too. It may be helpful to have someone that is familiar with how your mom is to help you with this.
    Here at NRS we are Non-directive. That means we’re not going to tell you what you should or shouldn’t do. However, running away seems like a pretty big move. If you think that might be something you decide to do, please consider calling here to talk to someone about your plan. Your safety is the most important thing to us and we just want to make sure you’re prepared for taking off on your own.
    We hope this info helps you make an informed decision. Please feel free to come to us if you have any more questions.
    Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X