Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to leave my grandmother now!

I'm absolutely done with my grandmother. I been living with her for 2 years and I'm 16. I want to leave and live with me aunt , is that possible? She favors my little sister and let's get do anything she wants and I can barely do anything. She threatened to send me off somewhere if I don't "get my act together." I have never done drugs, snuck , drank alcohol, and have never had sex. My little sister sneaks out and has vaped and stole alcohol with her friend. She doesn't know those things because me and my sister keep them between us but I try to Help her stop ruining her life she is 13 and has had more boyfriends than me. She has new freedom than me to for some reason. I want to move out with my aunt in Indiana. She would willingly take me, she is like mother to me. My sister would go to, she doesn't like my grand mother either. She is a horrible parent , I feel dumb for choosing to live with her. If I could I would raise my sister. Please someone tell me how to deal with this. My sister is going to the mall with some boys and I can't even go to the mall with my best friend. How do I tell her I want to leave or not even have to, just have it happen. Her come home to no kids. Btw she is our temporary guardian. I don't know why the courts have it like that, my grandma wants to adopt us. I need to get out of here or I'll have to run away. She makes me miserable. These are only brief things.

Re: I want to leave my grandmother now!

Hi there,
    Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time. It must be tough to live with someone you don’t get along with.
    It seems like your grandmother is causing you to feel uncomfortable in your own home. It is great that you are trying to be responsible and find a good way out of the situation. It is good that your aunt is supportive, and that you have other options.
    It sounds like it might be a good idea to talk to your grandmother. Have you tried telling her how you feel? Maybe you could ask your aunt to help you talk to her. Sometimes it can be useful to explain how you feel. We would be happy to help you come up with some communication strategies. We could also do a conference call with you and your grandmother, if you think that would be helpful.
    It sounds like maybe you could use someone to talk through. You’re going through a really difficult time.
    We are here to listen and help 24/7.
    Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X