No announcement yet.

neglectful guardians

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • neglectful guardians

    I’m 16 and my mother has been reported for child neglect several times because she was spending all our money on alcohol. My grandma now had guardianship over me but she only leaves the house to go grocery shopping once a month and most of the food is instant ramen and frozen foods with no nutritional value that make me nauseous because I’ve been eating the same things for so long. The actual healthy food goes to our neighbor/my grandmas friend because he thinks he needs control over my grandmas life, he uses the food to make one meal a day IF he isn’t too lazy to cook. So I get three decent meals a week total if I’m lucky.

    I have a significant other in a different state, how could I go about moving in with them without my family stopping me?

  • #2
    Often, youth may reach out to NRS in several different ways to discuss their situation. If a response from NRS is not visible to a bulletin posting it may be that we have already provided services to that individual through another platform we provide such as email, our crisis hotline, or our live chat service (in operation every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST). NRS encourages anyone in need of assistance to contact us through our 24 hour crisis hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY to receive immediate support.
    Thank you, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp