No announcement yet.

16 yr old runaway

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 16 yr old runaway

    My boyfriends mom kicked him and me out and has been acting crazy, she is under the use of meth, we have photo evidence if her set up and baggie, plus she is harboring a fugitive that she is aware of, but police haven't done anything when we told them his name and description. My boyfriend came to live with me and my mom, now my boyfriends mom wants to take him back and is saying she will put out warrants for us. Can he stay with me still or can she put something on my mom for harboring him and have the police come take him?

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to NRS we would be happy to assist you in the best way that we can. First of all, we are very sorry to hear what is going on in your situation, it sounds very stressful and frustrating. If your boyfriend is under the age of 18, then his mom does have every right to take him back since she is his legal guardian, your mom could potentially get charged with harboring a runaway if police do become involved. The best option for this situation is to reach out to the police again and explain the situation in depth and letting them know that you’ve gotten kicked out and since you’ve mentioned that she is harboring a fugitive and you have evidence of her drug usage it would be a good idea to mention all of those things as well. If you need further assitance you’re more than welcome to reach out to one of our trained staff here either by phone (1800-RUNAWAY) or by chat, we are available here 24/7. We wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp