Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom thinks bad of me and hits me whenever she gets mad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. You do not deserve to be yelled at constantly and hit. If you feel like this could be abuse you could file a report by calling Child Help at 1800-422-4453. If you feel for any moment unsafe you can also call the police. Another option is to talk with your mother about how this is affecting you and your sister. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we can call out to your mother and help you have a conversation. Conference calling allows you to be heard and we are there to provide support and to mediate the conversation. Another option to consider is to talk with a school counselor about what Is going on. Sometimes they may be able to come up with options you may have not thought of.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Im 13 years old and whenever I get my mom mad she yells in my face and hits me, she got mad at me today for not taking the trash out so she took my phone, she also got mad at me for not finishing homework thats do this Sunday at midnight. She has been getting mad at me and my 19 year old sister for no reason since she got a boyfriend.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Thank you for reaching out to NRS. It sounds as if you are dealing with something very difficult at home - no one deserves to be abused. If you ever feel as if you are in immediate danger, please reach out to the police emergency number, 911. It takes a great deal of bravery reaching out, and it is great that you are seeking assistance.

As you mentioned physical abuse, one option available to you is filing an abuse report. If you have photos or a journal documenting a timeline of events, that could help with the filing process. If you would like to file an abuse report, you could do so at your local police department. Alternatively you could also speak to a mandated reporter in your school, such as a school counselor, a favorite teacher, or coach. You could also speak to a religious leader or camp counselor. They could then assist in filling out an abuse report. No one should have to go through abuse of any kind and it must be very stressful living with someone who regularly hits you. Another option is the National Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-422-4453; childhelp.org), they are staffed with crisis workers who would be able to assist in any capacity that you would like, from listening to you, to assisting in filing an abuse report.

You also mentioned that you were considering suicide. These feelings are very difficult to come forward with, but it is good that you did so because it is important to understand that you are not alone. We would like to refer you to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255; suicidepreventionlifeline.org), they have trained crisis workers who can support you and listen to you whenever you feel like harming yourself or whenever you might have suicidal thoughts.

We can provide you with some general information regarding running away. However, we are not legal experts at NRS. As laws differ across the country, you can reach out to your non-emergency police number and ask anonymous, hypothetical questions regarding specific laws in your community. Running away from home as a minor is considered a status offense, similar to breaking curfew. If you runaway, your legal guardians could file a runaway report which could result in you being picked up by the police and returned home.

It was very brave of you to reach out, you can always reach out to us again as we are available 24/7. If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail you can utilize our chat, email, or phone crisis lines (1-800-786-2929). Remember that you are not alone and you have already taken a huge step by reaching out.

Guest replied
    What happens if my mom hits me whenever she wakes up, or whenever she gets mad I been living like this for 13 years, should I just kill myself or run away?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. It seems like you are scared at home and not sure what to do and are considering running away because of that. It is understandable that you are scared when your mom hits you when she gets mad. A parent is supposed to care for and protect their child, not hurt them. Its ok to tell others how this makes you feel like you just did with us.

Your mom getting physically violent when she is angry is not ok and is usually considered child abuse. It is ok to call the police if you are scared she is going to get violent or hurt you. You can also call your local Child Protective Services if it keeps going and you want help from them. They might be able to get you out of that situation and into a safer one. A good place to look into that option is childhelp.org which is another hotline like us, but they specialize in child abuse.

If you do feel like running away is your only option it is still understandable to be afraid. Running away can mean being alone without a bed or food, and the weather is starting to cool down this time of year too. Some things to consider before that would be where you might go; a shelter, a friend’s house, or even other family. Or how you will make money for food etc. Depending on your age you may not be able to get a job or rent an apartment. Additionally if you run away your mom could file a runaway report. This is a status offence, which means you wouldn’t go to jail, but police would be looking for you and if they found you would bring you straight home. They might ask you why you left home though, and if you answer honestly about what has been going on at home they will probably keep you away from your mom long enough to look into your story a bit more.

Again we are here to talk or just listen 24 hours a day every day if you call 1-800-786-2929 or you can chat online through our website. Hopefully this information is helpful, being put into a situation that you feel like crying every day seems incredibly tough and hopefully this is your first step towards getting to a better situation.

Guest replied
    dear runaway helpline, my mom hits me and i m scared to runaway though please help me. Because of her, i cry evry dau.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much violence. You mentioned a couple things about your mom punching you and hitting you in the stomach and face, this raises some concern about your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. You stated that you don't want anything to happen to your mom at home - it's a lot to take on the burden of her well-being in addition to your own. Reporting is a hard and personal decision to make but it is important to think about your own safety. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. You can also speak with any kind of medical staff (doctor, nurse, etc.), police officer, or teacher about the abuse for help filing a report. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Your mom's behavior is unacceptable and you are so strong for having to hadto go through this. If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I’m 12 turning 13 this month, my mom recently got a boyfriend and he constantly verbally abuses her, and she always takes her anger out on me, she’s punched he in the stomach and earlier today she hit my face, whenever I show that I’m angry at her she always ends up crying and telling me that she’s sorry and I forgive her but I can’t do this anymore, she constantly gets mad at me over little stuff, for example: I was taking a shower and I had taken my clothes off and left them on the floor in my bathroom, and she started banging very loudly at 6:00 in the morning ( I was getting ready for school ) saying to unlock the door so I unlocked it and she just started complaining, and saying that I was making faces at her, and I wasn’t then she punched me in the face and I was trying to say that I’m sorry but she just started yelling at me and telling me to shut up. I don’t know what to do anymore sometimes I think I want to runaway but I can’t because shes my mom and I don’t want anything to happen to her at home.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    We are really sorry to hear about your depression and all the mistreatment you are getting at home. That's not right and it really should stop. It sounds like you have a good relationship with your dad. Perhaps you can open a bit more about this to him. Of course, you can also file an abuse report with your state's child protective services. But that's up to you.

We'd like to help more so if you can give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY that would be great. We are confidential, nonjudgmental, and here 24/7. You can also chat with us online by clicking on the chat feature at the top of our main website: www.1800runaway.org. We hope to hear from you soon.

NRS

Guest replied
    Hey,I'm 13 years old and since I got low grades in school and started getting skinnier my mom started yelling..swearing..slaping..and pushing (hitting) me...I..I once told my friends that I was lowkey depressed and they started to react shocked and worried at first and comforted me for like 5 minutes only...after that day we stopped talking that much because well yeah I'm in a new class now...They forgot about me being lowkey depressed...by the time I was getting more in depression because of my mother and my sisters. I have 3 other sisters and my mom's pregnant again. I have an older sister and 2 younger ones. I bet that she hits me because I'm the middle child,never talking back at her if she's slapping me,ignoring her and so on...I used to cry after she hits me and leaves but now..I got used to it and well yeah,I guess that you could say that I stopped crying. She only hits my when my father is sleeping/not at home. My father is so lovely and nice to me..I'm so happy that I atleast have him. My mother also hits me when my little sister starts crying out of nowhere,she thinks that it's my fault when she's crying. I hope that it'll change..I wish you all good luck with your family/friends..

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I’m 15 I hate when I come home and my mom screams just cause she’s mad today my siblings and I got locked out but she has know we lost our keys and she got mad and made us clean I went to the bathroom and she just starts screaming when nobody is doing anything that afffects her so I started going to my room to go clean and all she does is scream and I told her I’m going to clean already stop screaming please and she just chased me with the belt and Im just locked in my room I just want her to stop screaming and always hitting for little thing

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there,
    Hello,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    So im 13 years old and not the best at school, and i have a bladder problem when i sleep. So whenever i wake up wet my mom would hit me and yell "Get in the shower!!". Or when i get a bad grade on something she says "You want to skip school. You want to skip football. What do you want to do? Lay in the bed the whole time and play on the ********ing computer?!?". Im about to snap.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Thank you for telling us your story and reaching out. It can be difficult telling others what has happened to you and you have been very brave to do so. We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused, and you should not have to go through that. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you and your siblings have been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. We’re also sorry to hear that you’ve thought of suicide in the past. Your life is very important. If you begin having those thoughts again and want to talk with someone anonymously, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. One resource that might work for you is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can reach them at 1-800-273-8255. They also have an internet chat function through their website at suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Since you are 18 in most states you are legally able to leave without your mother’s consent. If you are not comfortable leaving your siblings with your mother based on how she has treated you Nationalsafeplace.org provides a safe location for youth to meet a staff member who can take them to a designated place where they can discuss all options about how to stay safe. They can text 44357 the word “safe,” and their location to find a safe location in your area. Once they arrive let someone who works there know they need help connecting with a staff member.

It is not illegal for youth to leave home especially if it is not a safe environment but parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring the youth home. You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state. Sometimes even finding another family member to stay with could be helpful. You mentioned not knowing how tell someone what has happened to you due to embarrassment. It can be difficult to manage situations like this and you don’t have to do it alone. One service we can offer is to conference call with a family member. This way you could have a conversation with your family but you would not be alone. For example, it may be hard for you to explain to someone what has happened to you and what you have gone through Sometimes those conversations go better in a conference call because we can advocate for you and help support you through the process.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call our 24 hour hotline at 1-800Runaway (786-2929) or use our live chat. We hope this information was helpful and take care.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X