Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom thinks bad of me and hits me whenever she gets mad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod13
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    how many hits is abuse because i get hit regularly 2 to 6 times a month and my mom gets mad hits and mkes fun of me

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello,

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
    Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My mom spanks for every little thing, like just 10 minutes ago. she literly controles me and i hate her so much

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to the National Domestic Violence Hotline. National Domestic Violence Hotline 1800-799-7233 at thehotline.org that helps protect minors from being harmed.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi,

I'm 19 and ever since I could remember both my parents have hit me whenever they got mad at me. When I was young, that was okay I suppose but now that I am 19 even if they hit me less, it still hurts. I know they love me, if I want something they would give it to me if they could and they have always supported me. But...is it right for them to him even with all this love?
    Just the other day my mum hit me really hard only because I had pushed her arm off me when she was beginning to become violent. I din't even think of hurting her, it was instinctual to push her arm that was hurting. But she yelled at me and said I was disrespectful and that she can't even be a parent anymore and for me to go do whatever I want and move out. Again she loves me a lot, she has shown it in her actions, she supports me and even if there are times where she emotionally hurts me, its not that bad. I definitely do not want to call anyone or any service to get my parents taken away since I know there are so many other people in much more serious situations. However at 19 this is getting frustrating and I am starting to think eeven with all this love I dont want to deal with getting hit so hard over something so little. Even today no-one in my family is talking to me saying that what I have done was extremely bad and that I should apologize. But why should I? I know this sounds arrogant but it wasn't my intention to hurt her nor did I hurt her. At this point moving out seems to be an option that looks very good. I have a friend who says this is just common in Indian culture my mum was probably just PMSing and it wasn't against me. But is that really okay?

I am just so confused.

Thanks for your time.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You do not deserve to be hit or spoken down to by your parents who are supposed to love and support you. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services). Sometimes, they will give families resources or options for counseling. We would be happy to help you explore this option again, or help you make a report.

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore again, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.

Please do not hesitate to reach back out via phone or live chat through our website. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. We would be happy to explore reporting, brainstorm other options, or help connect you with local resources. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best of luck,
    NRS

Guest replied
    hi i’m 13(almost 14) and my mom has hit me twice. i’m not sure if that’s considered abuse or not but she has yelled at me and screamed in my face. she has pushed me some too. i’m trying to get help and i’ve had an adult try to help by calling child services and the police but they said there isn’t much evidence and the police have said it wasn’t anything serious and i shouldn’t waste their time. my parents keep telling me i’m being dramatic and making things up and that they are great parents and idk what to do. i feel like i’m trapped.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 12 and my mom has been hitting me ever since I can remember, she hit me once to the point where she made my nose bleed. She also has slapped me twice in the face and constantly hits me on the arm to the point where you can still see the handprint after a whole while. The most recent hit that broke me to the point where I hyperventilated was when she punched me in the face for not wanting to give her my phone. Every time she becomes violent I always remember of when she made me bleed and all the words she has called me. I’m tired of having to remember stuff like that every time she gets mad. I’m really scared of her sometimes and I just wanna be free of it all.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    Hi, thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are in a very difficult situation. You don’t deserve to be hit and treated badly by your mom. We are very glad that when feeling suicidal, you are focusing on your dreams and future, which is correct. This situation with your mom will not last forever and you deserve your life and future and your dreams.
    It sounds like you may not be writing us from the United States, and we don’t know what your rights are outside of the US. This is a link https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/ where you can find a youth crisis helpline in your area, or if your country isn’t listed, here is another link for people in crisis https://www.therapyroute.com/article...ound-the-world
    If we are wrong, and you are in the US, please feel free to contact us on either of our live services by calling 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY), or live chat via www1800runaway.org

Guest replied
    My mom hits me a lot. Many times I think suicide but then I think of my dreams and then I just think about my future. I am of 17 . Pls help me sir . Pls . Pls sir . Sir if I say that I Will run away then she says that if people ask me then I Will say that she ran away with her boyfriend . I am messed up sir. If I says that I will complain against you . She says that I Will tell the police that she has a boyfriend so u don't let her talk and she will also says that she (I ) have slept with many people. Sir pls help me . Sir I would complain it before but I always care about our society but now I don't care anymore . Pls help me sir.pls .

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hi there,
    Be safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi I’m 12 me and my mom get into fights a lot for random things. There have been two times where my mom exploded and hit me. The first time was unexpected she came at me and pulled my hair she wouldn’t get off me until my dad pulled her off. The second time she hit my with a computer and told me she wished I disappeared she always says that I’m the one with the problem. When her and my dad fight he tries to get some sense into her but doesn’t appreciate anyone’s opinions. My dad does nothing. I have older siblings that DONT live with us. When I try to reach out they say you lucky she used to be worse. She is mentally abusing me. I’m not in a position where I want to leave my friends because they are always there for me. I think my mom has anger issues but doesn’t except it. She has called me things that have always put me down. She’ll ask why I zone out a lot or why I’m not smiling and it’s because I like to imaging the world like it was different “A Fantasy”. What should I do? I feel stuck!

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It sounds like your mom's actions are really contradictory and hypocritical and it's got to be frustrating.

You mentioned that your mom has hit you with a variety of objects and it raises quite a bit of concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Stay safe,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X