Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom thinks bad of me and hits me whenever she gets mad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied

Ahh bro I hate my life When I am 2 years old my mom and my dad get into a big fight and they divorce so My father didn’t have alot of money to take care of me because he moved from the city to a new job and to a new house so he send me to lebanon when is my grandma and my grandpa live and when he send me there it was the best moment in my life Why? because they gave me love and they gave me the world and don't forget the most delicious food So When I am 13 years old my mom get married and she get a kid by the way this is her 4th married So she start texting me like can you come to USA to have some family time so I said this will be ok I Thought she changed so Now I am In USA and I dont see any family time I just can see fights all day my mom and her husband fighting and when she get mad she hits me and start saying alot of bad words and when I came to US I don’t go outside just to the school because she dont let me go outside to play she wants me to take care of my brother 24\11 I dont sleep I Cant play I can’t have fun/ one time my friends at the school asked me to play basketball after the school but I said no Because I don’t want to get killed because a basketball game so I think there is no hope to me to get out of this nightmare So i start like telling my father and my grandma what is going on and one time I recorded her when shes fighting with her husband and when shes saying bad words to me like You are a F——ing B—-ch You are slow as F__ck you look Like your father and I hate you I wish you will die and there is alot and worst then that I Didn’t know that there is a mom in this wold do that to her son but Unfortunately there is by the way she hits me like when she feel bored and I am tired of this sh—t Because all my body when I move start hurting me I was the boy who likes to have fun who makes funny jokes who likes to smile everyday and I had alot of friends they are like brothers to me but now I look miserable I am wasting times on my life now and you know there is corona right and corona means online classes and I think I am gonna fail this year because I don’t have time to my self how I am gonna have time to do the homeworks and zoom meating in this house I wish If can someone help me and I am sorry For my grammar mistakes and thanks you

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hello, I am a soon to be 13-year-old, female. I have been dealing with family issues lately, if that's what I thought. I have been hit by my whole family since I was very young, and I'm the youngest of my 6 siblings. I am always known as the useless and worthless kid. School also isn't doing any better. I am constantly a victim at school, and I've tried to reach to as many people as I can. But all they do is just embarrass me and make me feel worse by telling the class about it. I have always thought to end my life. I do use my razor to calm myself down sometimes, since nothing else does. My childhood friends whom I have trusted and loved for the past 5 years, have left me saying that I was an "attention seeker". Once, my sister poked a pencil in my head and the lead got stuck. My mom threw a chair at me because I didn't get the first place in class. It's very stressful. Now during this COVID-19 pandemic, it just got worse. I got so many more to tell, but I am afraid you would say I'm just acting like the boss at home and just as worthless as I am. I tried seeking help, it didn't work at all. Why am I even born if I am just going to be worthless?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hey there thanks for reaching out,
    It seems like you are going through a lot of physical and emotional abuse but feel like you can’t reach out for help from authorities because that might end up in a worse situation. It’s understandable to feel that way, and be concerned about other and it shows how incredibly compassionate you are as a person. It’s ok to make a choice that will save your own life though. It seems like you are afraid of many unknowns and are willing to keep going through the suffering now instead of risking even greater suffering later.
    Depending on what are you are in you may not need to worry as much about deportation of your family. Some areas the police aren’t willing to help deport people and if you and your siblings were born in the US you likely are US citizens and wouldn’t be deported. There is a chance that you would be separated from your sisters though so that is a risk you will need to weigh.
    There are a few options if you don’t want to report to CPS, you could look into family or personal counseling to try and help everyone manage their feelings and talk things through better. Another resource we recommend is nami.org for mental health issues. There is also childhelp.org for more info about child abuse and the process of reporting if that ever becomes an option.
    We hope this information helps you through this difficult situation, if you have more questions please reach out to our hotline or online chats at 1800runaway.org and 1-800-786-2929.

Guest replied
    Hello, I'm a 12-year-old female my mother has been abusive for all I can remember, I have 3 other siblings, two younger and one older that has already moved out. My mom always hits me and leaves marks all tie time, she once gave me a black eye from kicking, and punching me, she had me on the floor and kicked me, at school I had to make up a lie saying I got hit by a door, my mom even told me to cover it up, she not only physically hurts me and my siblings she mentally and emotionally abuses us to. I always call my older sister and she tells us to listen, I try but sometimes when she yells at me for something my sisters did I break and yell at her back, she has always threatened to send me to a mental hospital or as she calls it "a place for crazy people" My dad got taken to prison when I was 2 and I rarely saw him, he may have went to jail but he never layed a hand on me, he was always caring towards us, he was deorted for being illegal and I only see hime once a year in summer somtimes, I dont want to call the police or anyone because im scared that she would be deported as long as with the rest of my family, only one of my uncles has a green card and he would not be able to take care of us since he is single and works all night, he also lives in a diffirent state as well as the rest of my family, as I recall none of my cousins are abused by their parents so I think my mom has mental issues or something, I also think that I myself have depression or a mental issue, Ive harmed myself and sometimes have wanted to commit suicide, so has one of my sisters, I once tried to jump off a building.. my mom always is nicer to ,y younger siblings but still hits them and yells at them but she always is nicer to them and meaner to me, she yells and hits me for random things like not finding her keys, they always make jokes about me tha make me insecure, before writing this she had yelled at me for a few things being on the floor, yesterday the house was a mess and she hit me and one of my sisters alot and took away our devices, I always tell her that its illegal to hi a child but never listens, I threaten to call the police but she knows I wont so she laughs, I admit that I have yelled at her back but a few times hit her back too because if not I feel like I couldve passed out from her beatings, I dont want to go to foster care because I wan to stay with my sisters which is what always keeps mee from dialing 9-1-1 so I just deal with it, I cry all the time and im scared of her, only one of my friends know but we drifted andI dont confide in my other friends enough to tell them, help me please! ( sorry if there is some misspellings or if its all over the place)

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    Be safe,
    NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    im 13 and my mom has been hitting me since i was 3. i have 6 older siblings and two are married with children. but they also hit me. one time i failed my math exam and my sister poke my head with a pencil and the lead got stuck. my mom scolded me instead. sometimes my brother would take lighter and put it on my arm. i write my thoughts in my diary to relief stress but she took it away just in case she want to send me away she can use it as "proof". she tells her friends embarrassing things about me and even scolded me in public for wanting to buy a story book. she will cry in public so everyone will think its my fault. i tried to take my life away once but my friend saved me. yet my mother hates that friend that saved me. if anything goes missing in the house, im always the first to be blamed. she adores my elder siblings more. she keeps on saying how i will grow up to be unsuccessful. she always has high expectations of me. i cant even cry. she likes to say to others how ungrateful i am. i tried to reach out to a teacher, but they said i was lucky since i had married siblings. there was one time when i was 5 where she hit me till i have bruises because i didnt do homework. i still went to school and my mom told the teacher i was misbehaving. when i cry of pain in class the teacher just threaten to tell my mom to hit me if i dont stay quiet. she once broke my once because i didnt pass my spelling test. she also likes to "body-shame" me in public. i really dont know what to do. now my friends have avoided me thinking i have been lying to them.i do self harm but my mom found out. and she was about to send me away. i really really dont know what to do

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi there,
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi , I am 13 years old , my mom is American , dad is french and I live in france.My dad seems to comprehend this whole “not hitting minors” but my mom doesn’t. She will get real nasty for the smallest things and blame me for them. One morning , I was finishing my art project during my “quarantine work hours” and she comes behind me and says “you little f***” I turn around surprised and ask what was wrong (my 6 yo sister in the room) . Then she just starts yelling at me for not doing my work when I was , it escalates quickly and I am driven to go upstairs after her saying that all my devices were taken away for a month (I didn’t insult her , I would never).Then she comes up , in rage after I said that this was ridiculous , she punches me very hard with her ring , until I fall to the ground aching , almost-in tears , then kick me with all her strength multiple times in the back , which made me caugh. I still love her , but home feels different when she’s there.This happens about once a month , what do i do ?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don’t deserve to be hit by your mother or yelled at by the teacher. It’s not your fault that they are doing this.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 and seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe and take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    hi I am 11 and I have been in the USA for 3 years now and because what is happening I have to do online work and sometimes I have a lot and its hard for me to all that and my teacher is mean and when I don't do it she tells my mo and my mom gets mad and hits me sometime and I have not slimed for 25 days and my friends don't do there work and they don't get hit.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us today and explaining a bit about your situation. We are always here to help in any way we are able to. Don’t hesitate to reach out and call or chat with us more.

We’re so sorry that you’re being abused at home. It sounds like your mom makes living at home really scary and stressful for you. You don’t deserve to be treated that way by anyone. It makes sense that you’re hitting your limit with her and the stress that she’s putting you under. If you ever want to talk about the abuse or report it, Child Help (800) 422-4453 or childhelp.org is always there for you. We are also here to talk with you about it and report it, if that is something that you are interested in.

You work hard and deserve to feel at peace in your own home. If there’s an adult or teacher you trust to talk about what’s going on, it may help. Maybe they could help you talk to your mom about wrong the way she treats you is.

We are always here to listen to you vent, you don’t have to go through this alone. If talking about what you’re going through helps the most than that is what we will be here for! Again, thanks for reaching out to us today. If you would like us to look for those resources or want to talk more about what you’re going through, we’re here. Our safeline is open 24/7.

Best, NRS

Guest replied
    Hi, I'm a 15 year old dealing with issues at home. My mother hits me everytime she gets mad and I don't know how to deal with it anymore. I tell her to stop but instead of stopping she raises her hand and says "tell me to stop one more time". The more I tell her to stop the more I get hit. At this point I don't even say anything when she yells at me anymore I just stay quiet and I still get hit. She threathens to strangle me or to send me off to my father, which is not somewhere I want to live. I'm not sure whether it's come to the point where I'm depressed or what but I'm just so tired. She likes to compare me to all the kids at my school. When I tell her about a good achievment she asks what the other kids got. When I don't do well she yells, and by I mean not doing well if I get anything below a 93 percent, even if it's a 92. She tells me I won't ever get into college, she tells me I'm going to be working on the streets. She calls me ugly and makes me feel worthless. My mother provides a good home and she cares for me but I don't know how much more I can deal with all the screaming, yelling, and fighting. She won't let me go out anywhere either even before the quarantine. I'm not allowed to hang out with friends or have sleepovers, go to school dances or activities. There was a point where I even had to beg her to let me go trick or treating in my neighborhood. I'm just I don't know what to do. She tells me if I ever get a boyfriend or if I ever get another A- again I can leave and never come back to the house again and go live with my dad. I just needed venting sorry about that.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. It sounds like you are in a really hard and scary situation with your mom hitting you hard and everything being worse when she gets drunk. It is understandable that you want to live with your dad.

There are two things you can consider doing. One is to either ask someone from school to report your mom’s behavior to your state’s child protective services - we can help you with this too- and also talk to your dad about living with him. It is he who can best work on this because it is an issue of custody. Telling him how your mother hits you and how she is drunk and treats you even worse; that is something we hope that you can tell someone at school about and also about your depression too.

It is the adults in your life who a can help you. If you are not safe at home, with a cell phone you can reach out to www.nationalsafeplace.org and use the TXT 4 Help option.

You can also reach out to us so that we can talk it all over together. You can call us at 1800-786-2929 or access our live chat via www.1800runaway.org

We hope to hear from you soon,
    Sincerely, NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X