Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom thinks bad of me and hits me whenever she gets mad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I am 13 years old, and the way my mom acts is having a severe effect on my life. She has extreme mood swings, usually dependent on how much business we are getting. A lot of times I feel like she cares about money more than me. She compares me to other kids a lot (‘So and so can play three different instruments! Look at you, what can you do?”). She thinks that me reading and being on my phone = me growing up to being a lazy adult, so she says that she has to “beat it out of me”. But in between, she acts like a really nice mom, and she always apologizes and says that she’s changing herself.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello there, thanks for reaching out today!

Sounds like you are going through so much right now. Unfortunately we are based in the United States and do not know what international runaway laws look like. Your might reach out to the UK's Childline: https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/.

Best of luck to you and we are sorry we are unable to help.

-NRS

Guest replied
    Hi, my mum hits me too. It hurts a lot both physically and mentally. I have become too depressed to even do my homework. Lately, I have wanted to die. My dad is home rarely. I don't really want to talk to my friends or teachers about it as school is the one place where I feel happy and safe. I don't want to associate school with home in any way. Sometimes I wish my school was boarding so I don't ever have to come home and see my parents. Recently I was away from home for about five days and it was one of the happiest moments of my life. What should I do

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline and sharing about the abuse you have been experiencing at home, your experience with self-injury, your current thoughts, and the relationship you feel like you have. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and especially in a time where you have a really tough and complex situation at home. We are sorry you are experiencing abuse, no one ever deserves to go through that. You do have the right to report the abuse to Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. You can either do it yourself or call into us directly and we can support you through it. It is hard to say the result of reporting, but if you call in you can ask what the process might look like.

Also another way you can seek help is reaching out to a friend, teacher, or counselor at school that can help you look for resources. Your mental health is important. You can also look at SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) at samhsa.gov or call them directly at 1-877-726-4727 to help you find the support that you need. If you do ever feel in direct danger, to yourself, or some else makes you feel that way, please call out to 911 or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255). Another resource related to your experience is To Write Love On Her Arms (twloha.com)

It can be difficult to know how to talk to your parents and express your feelings about how you are feeling. We would encourage you to reach out to a trusted adult, teacher, relative, and friend that you can talk to and potentially help you mediate a conversation with your parents about your current situation. At NRS, we do offer a service call conference calling, where you can call into our hotline and then we would reach out to your guardian and help advocate for you, help you express the needs of to your parents.

We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY we are open 24/7.

-NRS

Guest replied
    Hi im seventeen years old and suffer from depression. I have always been a successful student, and always made honor roll. However i am criticized by my parents for wanting to be a normal teen. I can never go out with friends,(not even to the park across from our own house) while my older and younger brother constantly fail classes and leave the house feely. I've told my parents about my depression but they say i don't have it even though they are not qualified to diagnose me. In the past i did cut my wrists when i felt down but haven't in over 2 years. But now my mother is beating me when i come home with less than a 95 on any school work. Its gotten so bad to the point i am considering suicide. I live in a new area and don't have anyone i see as a close friend to talk to. I am truly loosing all hope. Please help.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    Hello there -

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to get into contact with us here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From your message to us, it sounds like your going through a very hard time right now and seem to be very overwhelmed with everything that is going on especially if your mother keeps yelling and screaming at you. It must be very frustrating to feel a little helpless right now. No one deserves to go through something like that.

It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources (youth shelters) and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Guest replied
    im 11 years old. whenever my mum says not to do anything, its always something silly . but then i do it and forget she said not too. then my mum always screams and shouts in my face and sometimes hits and smacks me . i don't know what to do, please help me . i have no phone too call your number ... thank you .

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear about the way in which your parents have been treating you. Mental illness is a real issue and it is very brave of you for wanting to get help. You mentioned that your father has emotionally and physically abused you. Abuse is never okay and you don't deserve to be treated that way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help (1-800-422-4453 ) www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. Please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat if you have any questions or just want to talk.

Guest replied
    Hello, I'm a 15 year old female that needs help in my family situation. In my family my mother is a wonderful caring person but... she doesn't belive in any sort of mental illness and I'm sure that I have some form of depression and I really want to go to some therepy because I think it would be very benifical and I didn't know how to start the conversation so I went to my conseler and she was quite helpful but my mother denied that I needed any sort of help.. and my father often yells and screams and calls names and punches items in the house and has only a few times smacked me in the head. I feel I need to leave my situation but I don't know how my mother has started crying often because he yells at her so bad I've been trying to look at runaway shelters but I don't know how that's going to work as you need permission to stay there

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply:My mother has never understood my feelings

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    We are sorry to hear that things are not well between you and your mother.
    It would be nice if she could acknowledge your feelings because they are important.
    It is also unfortunate that she has hit you with objects and speaks badly of your boyfriend. Neither of you deserve that. It is not your fault that she does these things.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My mother has never understood my feelings, my emotion and she always says so casually that I cannot have any depression. I bring depression on my own wish. I am depressed because my mother don't like my boyfriend she always says abusive word against my boyfriend and hit me with sharp weapon like bettlenut cutter or knife. How I will meet with my boyfriend whom I love .How to tackle this woman?
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-18-2018, 03:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod11
    Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. You do not deserve to be hurt in anyway at all, especially for being gay. Recognizing that it is wrong that your mother is not treating you the way you deserve and asking for help shows a lot of courage.

Child help is the National Child Abuse Hotline that can help report your mother and talk to you about the process and answer any questions you might have. You can call them at 1-800-422-4453 or look at their website at childhelp.org.

There are several hotlines that assist folks who are going through struggles like yourself that might be helpful, LGBT National Hotline 1-888-843-4564 and LGBT
    National Youth Talkline 1-800-426-7743.

Finally, you can always call or chat us to talk more about what’s going on. We are confidential and can provide support, because you are important, and like all the people above, are here to help. We’re available 24/7.

Again, thanks for reaching out. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help.

Guest replied
    My mom hits me and I don’t like it it hurt a lot and I don’t like being hurt I am 12 years young and I am hit from mother because I am gay my name is ********. Can someone help.
    Last edited by ccsmod11; 05-04-2018, 06:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you’re in a very scary situation and we’re glad that you reached out for support. It takes a lot of courage to share your story. You don’t deserve to be abused and we’re so sorry to hear that the police did not recognize your situation for what it is. We encourage you to reach out to adults that you trust, like a teacher or a guidance counselor. Teachers and guidance counselors are mandated reporters, meaning that they must report any abuse they hear about to child protective services. In addition, you can also call the National Child Abuse Hotline for more information about what the process of reporting abuse looks like and what might happen if you do report. Their number is 1-800-422-4453. They can also talk to you about the possibility of having custody of you transferred to another person (like a family member) if you think that might be an option. It might also help to document any instance that your mom hurts you, either by writing down what happened or by taking pictures of any marks or bruises she leaves.

You also mentioned that you think about hurting yourself. You don’t have to go through these feelings on your own. There is help out there. If you ever feel like you’re in immediate danger of hurting yourself, you can always call 9-1-1. Another resource that might be helpful is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. You deserve to be supported!

Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Stay safe!

Guest replied
    My mother always hits or kicks me repeatedly and my father is on a buisness trip and his phone doesn’t work so i have no one to talk to I would cry repeatedly for hours on how much it hurts I even have a permanent mark on my nose from when she throws things at me she has even called the police on me 2 or 3 times now and I explain what happened and they don’t listen they all think I’m lying being she is “superior” to me it honestly makes me depressed and I think of harming my self the only person who understands me is my father I am contstantly bullied at school of all these resina I think. Of calling the police but I don’t have the guts to do it if anyone has advice please

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X