Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom thinks bad of me and hits me whenever she gets mad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom spanks for every little thing, like just 10 minutes ago. she literly controles me and i hate her so much

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
      Take care,
      NRS

how many hits is abuse because i get hit regularly 2 to 6 times a month and my mom gets mad hits and mkes fun of me

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
      NRS

Hi im 12 and i always try my best at things in school but my mom will not accept 85's and lower so when I do get those grades my mom will get so mad telling me that I am dumb and cuses at me all the time and hits me with anything she finds. for example she one time hit me with the belt, another time a shovel, a spatula and even a shoe. She says that I'm not the best and thinks that I'm a lair. Which I think is true cus I developed this habit where I lie but I never do that a lot tho. She gets mad at everything I do and I'm starting to believe its true. I'm such a failure. I never try to get bad grades but it just happens. plz send help and I rlly need it now. (while i was typing this I remembered that she made my nose bleed wit a punch) PLZ HELP IM NOT JOKING

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to child protective services. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

Be safe,
      NRS

I am 8 years old. My mom hits me when do something bad. Not always but I sometimes think of running away. What should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to child protective services. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Be safe,
      NRS

Hello im 13 and my name is my mom hits me of anger and broke my phone for doing tik tok and she thinks i am diffrent cuz i dont do stuff people that follow god do and she leaves my skin brused atthe poind were she leaves a bunch of marks in my skin hitting me with a wire pls help
    Last edited by ccsmod2; 01-14-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, It takes a lot of courage to reach out and we are so glad that you have decided to reach out.
      It seems like you are going through a really difficult time, and we want you to know that you are not alone we are here to help. It sounds really awful for what you are going through, and you do not deserve to be treated that way.
      What you have described seems like abuse which you do have a right to make a report, and there are a few ways you can do that. One option to consider would be contacting Child Help at 1800-422-4453 and they would be able to help with filing a report. You can also speak with a teacher or a school counselor and because they are mandated reporters they can help with making a report. Lastly, you can contact us by phone or by chat and we can help with making a report.
      We are available to help and support you 24/7 by phone or with our online chat service. Please reach out if you have any questions or would like to explore more options. Best of luck!
      NRS

Hello, i am 11 years old and my mom is so rude everyday, for example, she's yelling at me even for the smallest things, and when i try and defend myself she claims that i'm talking back and then she proceeds to yell at me even louder. When i get a low grade or accidentally mess up, she goes on and on comparing me to everyone we know saying stuff like "Why cant you be like __?, they are smarter then you and respect their parents, and they actually eat healthy unlike you." I have an eating disorder and when someone mentions it or makes fun of me for it, i feel ashamed of myself. I'm not really religious but every day before i go to sleep i pray that she could just stop with all the pain she's been giving me emotionally and physically, she's been like this since i was a toddler but instead of all the stuff i've mentioned, she would go crazy and threaten to threaten to kill me or throw me out the window... I have been thinking about running away for a long time, but at the same time i say to myself "where would i go? where could i hide? i cant run away from my main home, i'd miss it too much, and mom would easily find me and punish me till death" i have also thought about committing su!c!de. My mom is also part of the reason why i suffer from depression, not to mention she is is also part of the reason why i am so insecure. I just want my mom to be happy with my existence for once, i need help on what i could do.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Seems like home is really overwhelming right now with your mom treating you like that. You deserve to be treated with human dignity and respect, it's understandable that such harsh words are having a lasting affect on you. Here at NRS, we want you to know that you are good enough, period, and despite everything your mom has said to you. You are enough.

It sounds like you are thinking about suicide with everything you have been faced with. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat if you have questions, need resources, or need to talk. We can explore your situation, go over all your options, and come up with a plan and resources to deal with your situation over the phone or on live chat.

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

-NRS

Hi, im 17. My mom has always been on drugs, always. the only time she wasnt was i think like 8 months ago but she started doing them again a few days ago. I guess since she hasnt had them in a while she had like a withdraw to get more so she was planning on leaving my dad and she was asking me about her sex life . like i said im 17 im not in her sex life thats crazy. then she asked me for 30$ and said i couldn't go with her. i told her she wasnt in the right state because she could barely talk or walk. she told me to pack myself then while i was trying to fit everything the car she already had all her stuff int he car no where to fit anything of mines beside my shoe box. she was screaming at me saying just put your toat in my lap, um no she wouldnt be able to drive if she did that and she was trying to do it anyway. therefore i was trying to snatch the bag away from her she grabed my hand with her glasses in it and squeezed and cut my finger with 2 deep holes. then i ran inside because i was scared because i screamed because it hurt me, she came in running after me attaking me and hitting me ( i have pictures of my bruises and cuts) of course i was defending myself by trying to push her off of me. the, i proceed to the door and she wouldnt let me out of the house and she was punching my chest hard i have pictures of that also. then i went to my room and she tried to swing at me again and i told her nothing in there was hers and she pointed at me and she said" yeah your right nothing in this room is mine" and then she left. then she got into a car crash because of her drugs later that night and nows shes back at the house and im terrified and i dont know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Be safe,
      NRS

hi my name is zion and i am 11. I caught my mom cheating on my dad and i didn't tell him. I found that last week, but a few months ago my mom started to hit me and my older brother. She stopped after my dad came home from a work trip but then started again when my dad went back to another work trip. A few days after my dad left for the second work trip she chocked my brother, i had to pray her hands off his neck and my 2 little sisters ran out of the room. Keep in mind this was a little while ago. Me and my older brother told my dad and he just asked us questions, but didn't do anything. A while after that my brother got cancer and my parents had to get another house to keep all his equipment since we lived in a pretty small house at the time. My mom made my dad buy her a apartment and made my dad get a house 1 hour away. After a while in the new apartment with my mom, we all decided that after my brothers last cancer treatment we were gonna start switching kids every week. And we couldn't sell one of the houses, or even both because both my parents were forced to sign things to keep them in their house/apartment for 1 year. A little bit before we were gonna start switching kids from house to house, my mom started going out supper late at night, like at 12:00. Since i stayed up till like 4:00 A.M almost every night, i would see her leave the house and come back looking drunk. We started to switch kids but my brother stayed at my dads house so that he didn't have to travel a lot, also keep in mind my brother was on steroids. The one thing about switching kids was that my mom would always keep me and send the other kids, and she would make me clean her apartment from top to bottom while she sat in her bed texting the guy she is cheating on my dad with. If i didn't do something right, she would hit me and yell at me. One day my mom hired a nanny to take care of my little sister when she goes back and forth from my mom to dads house. I personally love when the nanny is around for my sister because my mom doesn't go out at night and doesn't hit me. I know that these things aren't good but i don't wanna call the police and my mom not be punished then her to hit me more. Also, my dad bought me a phone for my birthday as a early birthday present, because my birthday is in 2 days, so whenever i get in trouble my mom takes it away and searches through it. Then she calls my dad and tells him these CRAZY stories. Like once she said i HIT HER!!! law WTH! anyways please tell me what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. The way you are being treated seems unfair, and you don’t deserve to be treated that way at all. Have you considered possibly having someone you trust with you to talk to your mom or dad about what’s going on? Sometimes having a middle person involved can help guide the conversation to be more constructive. If you would like we do offer a service here where we can help moderate a conversation through a conference call. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
      You and your siblings do not deserve to be treated the way you are being treated, and you deserve to feel safe in your home.Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      Be safe,
      NRS

Hi, my mum hits me too. It hurts a lot both physically and mentally. I have become too depressed to even do my homework. Lately, I have wanted to die. My dad is home rarely. I don't really want to talk to my friends or teachers about it as school is the one place where I feel happy and safe. I don't want to associate school with home in any way. Sometimes I wish my school was boarding so I don't ever have to come home and see my parents. Recently I was away from home for about five days and it was one of the happiest moments of my life. What should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

• Hello, I am 14 years old and my mother has been trying to get me do a elective class missing work while i have actual important missing work to do and recently, She decided that grabs her shoe and tries to hit me with it, so i threaten to call the police if she hit me with it, Then she says "Tell who? I pay for this mother********ing house and I bust my back to pay for this, so you wont disrespect me" I responded " I'm not trying to disrespect you." My little brother got involved and starting to laugh at me and i told him to mind his business and my mom says Stop raising your voice in this house, I pay for it and i make the rules and let my little brother off the hook and yelled at me. i stood surprised at the way she she treated me. I know my rights and i will get her arrested if she tries to hit me again. I am sick and tired of her trying to "discipline" me by trying to instill fear into me. I believe she needs mental aid with her anger. I will simply not take this anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there. Thanks for contacting NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step.

We're sorry to hear that your mom has been physically hurting you and otherwise trying to instill fear into you. It's understandable that you're feeling really tired of it and don't want to be treated in that way. That said, if you feel as though you are at risk of being physically hurt, it might be a good idea to reach out to Child Protective Services and file an abuse report. Their job is to ensure that you're safe in your home, and if you're not, to decide what steps should be taken in order to make sure that you are. If this is something that you're interested in doing, you can file a report on your own, by contacting us here at NRS for support, or by telling a safe person of the abuse (like a teacher, school counselor, therapist, etc.). Each person that I've listed is considered a Mandated Reporter and has a legal obligation to contact CPS when there are any suspicions or indications of abuse. If you want to file a report on your own, you can Google your state along with "local CPS agency". From there, the website will instruct you on how to make a report.

You can also learn more about abuse in general, how to file an abuse report and what that entails by contacting Child Help, a child abuse hotline. You can text or call them at 1-800-422-4453 or chat with them live at www.childhelp.org.

If you'd like to chat in more detail about what's going on at home, explore some of your options with us, or otherwise just get a little more support, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Best,

NRS

• Why does my mom hit me when she gets home from work. Tonight she got back home from work and got mad that my school emailed her. She took of her shoes are hit me and my 7 year old sister and Im only 10 I cant do anything about because I try to fight back she wont stop She compares my to kids older then me she compares me to a 11th grader 12th 10th and 9th Im only in 4th Im mentally drained and I dont know what to do

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I'm 14 years old, my mom is completely psycho, i have online school and i'm struggling enough, i miss a class or two and she starts screaming and yelling at me, throwing herself around and calling every family member to also have them yell at me and criticize me, i've begged her to stop while i was in tears but she keeps doing it, even when i've done nothing wrong she still does it, she threatens me with death, she threatens to choke me, she slapped me repeatedly in my head while i was crying and screaming from the pain, she throws me out of her room a bunch of times and never believes me or listens when i tell her the truth, i can't talk to anyone in the family because she turned them all against me, and she exposed me last year in august because of text messages on my phone, she never treats my brother like the way she treats me, she always takes my phone for even the simplest and smallest things. I've developed trust issues and i find it hard to believe and trust anyone. she's done this since i was 10 and she won't stop. I'm extremely introverted and never smiling. she compares me to other people and she kept saying she'd get me piercings when i didn't want them, she always says it's not about what i want and it never will be. nobody in the family is on my side, not even my dad and shes happy its that way. i dont even want to talk to her because im tired. she says she never cares when i do anything or when i start crying. im tired of the emotional and physical abuse. but i don't want to go into foster care. i plan on running away and completely changing my identity when im 18 and never coming back. but i just need some advice or something because im really tired and i just cant take it anymore, i have thoughts of suicide and have attempted multiple times because of her.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway (NRS). We’re sorry you’re experiencing abuse in any form whether that is verbal or physical, no one serves that. We will help you in any way we can. This is a good first step reaching out. If you feel like you’re in immediate danger, please call your local authorities 911. Understand if any harm, abuse or verbal threats are happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/ or call 800-422-4453. Here they would be able to help you file a report that’s the route you are considering.

Additionally, it’s very brave of you to discuss your suicide attempt. It takes a lot of strength to cope with hard feelings. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org) is always available if you need someone to talk to about how you have been feeling. If you ever feel that you are in danger or at risk of harming yourself, you can call 911 for emergency medical services.

We hope this helps you make an informed decision. If you‘d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X