Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom thinks bad of me and hits me whenever she gets mad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im 13 years old and whenever I get my mom mad she yells in my face and hits me, she got mad at me today for not taking the trash out so she took my phone, she also got mad at me for not finishing homework thats do this Sunday at midnight. She has been getting mad at me and my 19 year old sister for no reason since she got a boyfriend.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. You do not deserve to be yelled at constantly and hit. If you feel like this could be abuse you could file a report by calling Child Help at 1800-422-4453. If you feel for any moment unsafe you can also call the police. Another option is to talk with your mother about how this is affecting you and your sister. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we can call out to your mother and help you have a conversation. Conference calling allows you to be heard and we are there to provide support and to mediate the conversation. Another option to consider is to talk with a school counselor about what Is going on. Sometimes they may be able to come up with options you may have not thought of.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

Is it abuse when your mom calls you useless and hits you a few times(by few I mean, eh, probably 6) in a row and takes your device away for wanting to look up how to draw a manga character? Please help, my mom gets very angry and compares me to other children. Whenever I try to say that it is wrong of her to compare me to other children, she says, "Freakin' shut up!" Even when I try again after she says that, she says the same thing even louder. Anyone put there that can explain why she does this?

Also, sometimes when when hits me I get these small red spots that are like, vermilion or something. I get sad for hours on end and I guess there is nothing I can do except call hotline or something? I dont feel comfortable talking to anyone at school like the Guidance Counselor because I dont wanna be called like, 'The girl who had bad parents' or something. Its something at school. She got mad at me once for crying over someone bullying me over text and group text. She sometimes extends her hand until its flat and her palm is showing and she shoves it into the temples of my head. Anyone know if this is abuse or something? Please reply and thank you so much for listening to this and reply quick I need help. I'm in the 5 to 20 range of ages, dont feel comfortable saying exact age but yeah tysm for reading!

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension it makes sense that you'd feel sad living there. You mentioned some things about your mom hitting you that raise concern for your safety and well-being. This sounds like it could be possible abuse and absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

You also mentioned that you have been bullied via a group chat, you should be treated with respect everywhere you go and you should feel comfortable at school and with friends. If you feel comfortable you can always disclose what’s going on with a trusted teacher, school counselor, or other personnel; they may be able to help. You can also check out https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/bullies.html for some “Bullying Survival Tips”. It can be really scary to share your story with others, especially when you think you may be judged for it but people like school counselors are there to help you.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

Help.... me plz! In brief form-

my mom hits me when she gets mad and when she is a cup overfilled with coffee when. I try to tell her please stop, mom your hurting me she says "Shut up, missy' every time I try to say it. She got mad at me once and left a few vermilion Mark's on my arms and leg... is this abuse?
    she also compares me to a specific other child and says she is so much better than me...
    I'm beginning to think that she wants a whole other child then than me. Is there any way I can go somewhere else or something? I want a better life. I want to believe I deserve more than what I am treated for. I currently own a dog and he is my only escape from this vile place I'm in. Problem is, he is almost always locked up in a crate and my
    parents scream at me for trying to get to him. Plz help will be appreciated if u reply tysm for reading yeah I know this wasn't brief tho ty!
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-15-2019, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Help.... me plz! In brief form-

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

With everything that you have been going through at home with your parent’s it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hello I am a ten year old, my mom threw a chair at my face, and constantly calls me an ass hole, help me please.

Comment

Hello! Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline, we appreciate you reaching out for help.
          You mentioned that you are 10 years old, and that your mom threw a chair in your face, all while calling you inappropriate names. No one should have to go through that kind of abuse, and we are here to support you in any way that we can. If at any other time you find yourself in that situation, you can contact the National Child Abuse hotline at 1800) 422-4453. You may want to explore the option of reaching out to your school counselor, and letting them know that you are enduring some abuse at home from your mom, and they may assist you further.
          If you ever find yourself in a situation where you are feeling unsafe, you can text the word safe along with your location to 44357. The National Safe Place organization will let you know what safe place to go to, and send a worker out to further assist you.
          Again, you thank you for contacting the national runaway Safeline, we appreciate you reaching out for help. Feel free to chat with us anytime at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hey is it bad if my mom scratch me and shout at me for not eating my food because I wanted to lose weight and I'm 11 and she also did it in Spain and I was crying really loud and when the part I didn't want to eat my food she really screamed at me and called me the girls who cut themselves who don't eat food and I don't know if it's bad because she dosent want me to tell anyone and my brothers are fine staying but I don't want to be taken away because she's sometimes happy but sometimes angry but when she's angry she says she a slave and she dosent hit anyone she just little bit shouts and I think she only does this to me and I want to run away from her but I'm scared she gonna get really angry and I'm not allowed to call anything or she will get angry

Comment

• ccsmod3
              ccsmod3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for reaching out to us. You are very brave for posting this today. It must be hard having your mother yell at you all the time. If you feel like you are in an unsafe environment you can contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453. If you feel like you are struggling with feeling bad about your weight and it is forcing you not to eat contact NEDA (National Eating Disorder Assoc.) at 1800-931-2237. It’s unfortunate that your mom is yelling at you all the time. You don’t deserve that and if you ever need to talk to someone about what you are experiencing call NAMI at 1800-950-NAMI. While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those who you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. The way to get the most accurate information would be to call your local police non-emergency number and anonymously inquire about their practices. If you want to discuss more about what is going on at home or just vent you can always call us at 1800-Runaway. We are 24/7, confidential and here to help! Thanks again for being so honest. Best of luck!

Hi

Im Sophia, im a 12 year old girl with a very mean mother.

Im writing to explain what my mom does
            Okay so today my friend gave me her old phone because my mom ripped my phone in half, when my mom found out, she started screaming in my face
            then she told the school that i am "suicidal" when I ALREADY TOLD HER IM NOT
            so the school has been locking me in a room with kids with disabilities and im a COMPLETE NORMAL GIRL
            GEting to the point is that one day i asked my very nice and amazing dad if i could go hang out with my friends , he said okay so i went
            my neihbor came and hes 15 years old, so my mom got mad but hes only THREE YEARS OLDER and she hit me with a very hard book and twisted my arm
            and now every time i ask to hang out with friends, she says no. but i always go anyways because its so unreasonable to not allow me to ever hang out with friends
            I JUST HATE HER
            everyday when she picks me up from school, after she forces them to lock me in a room with a ton of disabled kids she checks my pockets and she smells me because she thinks i "do DRUGS" UGHHH ITS SO ANNOYING because ive never even seen a drug/vape in REAL LIFE
            one day i was brushing my hair, and my mom just started brushing it for no reason, so i told her to stop , so she HIT me several times with the hair brush
            here are some examples of what she hits me with
            ANYTHING SHE HAS IN HER HAND,SHE THROWS AT ME
            she THREW A VASE AT ME AND I GOT A BLACK EYE the teacher came up to me and asked what happened
            MY MOM TOLD ME TO SAY THAT MY BROTHER THREW A SOCCER BALL or i would be GROUNDED
            I HATE THAT HUMAN BEING thank u bye

Comment

• ccsmod4
              ccsmod4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

With everything that you have been going through at home with your parent’s it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
              If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
              NRS

why is it that you mom hits me i thought family was post to be nice and help each other but i am getting punch in my head and i am hurt and she would not take me to soccer practise because i don't prcatise by my slef every day i need help whenever i get home i feel unsafe and scared any adivice you got for me but i don't want to do anything just a comment

Comment

• ccsmod2
              ccsmod2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello There,
              Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen, It sounds like you are dealing with a really hard situation. You do not deserve to be hit and for your home to feel unsafe. If you ever wanted to make an abuse report you can call Child Help at: 1800-422-4453. You can also consider talking to a school counselor about what has been going on at home.
              We wish you the best of luck. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options

my mom always hits me for every little thing she just hit me like 5 minutes ago and doesn't care about what i think because i hide so much from her like my boyfriend and my friendships

Comment

• ccsmod1
              ccsmod1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to have to hide important relationships due to fear of your mom's reaction. You mentioned that she hits you a lot, and this raises some concern for your well being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
              NRS

hi i’m 12 years old i have been in an abusive home for 6 years now. i have been struggling with depression for 5 years and have tried ending my life 69 times. i can only be happy in school because that’s where the people that actually love me are. my mom says that she hates me and they she hopes that she had gotten an abortion before i was born and she compares me to everyone and it kills me that i’m not good enough. i have already talked to a counseler but nothing has really changed it’s actually gotten worse plz i need some advice asap

Comment

• ccsmod15
              ccsmod15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. We believe you that you have been in an abusive home and are struggling with depression because of this. We are glad that you have school where you can feel loved. That is what you deserve. We believe you when you say that you have tried to end your life, and we want you to know that your life matters to us. You matter to us.
              We are glad that you’ve talked to a counselor, and are sorry that it feels like nothing has changed. The counselor is to help you to feel stronger inside, not necessarily to change your mother’s behavior. We hope you can continue to talk to the counselor. You deserve to be heard and helped.
              You can reach out to https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/ if you have access to a cell phone and use the TXT 4 Help option. They will be able to either just talk to them about what you’re going through, or let them help you connect to your local youth agency. We can also help you figure out what your options are, but to do so, we hope that you will reach out to us so that we can learn more of what things are like for you at home. We would best be able to help you if we can talk about all of this, either through our phone hotline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or via live chat at 1800runaway.org What you are going through deserves our time and attention to talk through your options. We are here to listen and to help.
              We truly hope to hear from you soon.
              NRS
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X