Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom thinks bad of me and hits me whenever she gets mad.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mom has hit me and my sister ever since we were young. i am 14 now but she only hits me because she doesnt love me or something. she has taken my phone and i do and online school thing and go to my home high school for one class and often i go to class crying because y mom hits me in the car. she has busted my lip and left my arm hurting for multiple days because she hits the same place on my upper arm all the time and hits my jaw/ mouth in the same place. I cant call the police because she will find some way to tell them im lying and make my sister and dad lie. i cant tak to my dad because no one likes him. he cheats and such but we need him for bill money. my mom found out i selfharmed and got mad at me for it. she gets mad when i cry because she has no emotions. i cant talk to her. being at home doesnt feel safe to me and i get pushed around. One of my friends at school said i cant let her hit me. last year in middle school dfacs was called on my family because of something i said to a boyfriend that escalated to the counselor. my mom blamed me for it and constantly brings that the me saying im going to ruin her life, or that ive already ruined her life. I hate her. im scared of my own mom. What do i do?..

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for your openness to share about your experience and reaching out to us. It takes courage to do so when it seems a lot of your outlets have been difficult to share with as it results in making things worse with you mom. It is never okay to hit by your parents and you do have the right to report the abuse. Understandably there is a fear that people won’t believe you and things could be covered up, this may be difficult to think about, but it may be good to collect evidence that proves the abuse that is going on, so if you decide to report. We are also mandated reporters here and can support you with calling out the child help (National Child Abuse Hotline) at 1-800-422-4453. You can ask questions about the process, report here, or get support with what you are experiencing.

One should feel safe and supported in their own and it sounds like you have support outside the home, but needing some ways to outlet until things can shift until change can happen. It’s definitely okay to have emotions as that is what makes us unique as humans. Also another way you can seek help is reaching out to a friend, teacher, or counselor at school that can help you look for resources. Your mental health is important. You can also look at SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) at samhsa.gov (call them directly at 1-877-726-4727) or NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness 1-800-950-NAMI to help you find the support that you need. If you do ever feel in direct danger, to yourself, or some else makes you feel that way, please call out to 911 or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255). You are valued and important.

We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our hotline ( 1-800-RUNAWAY) and chat are open 24/7.

-NRS

Hello I’m 14 years old. Today my Mother took a Hard Cardboard Road and completely hurt and destroyed my hands and my legs, I’m crying so hard and tell her how I can’t feel any part of my body, but she said she does not care, and in fact she would even hit me more and harder. She abuses me whenever she can and loves to embarrass e in public’s, she never lets me be with any of my friends and when ever I cry she always tells me I’m faking it. She beats me on another level and does not care about me at all. I wish I could just shut myself from the entire world and not let it know I exist. I wish I could have a better mom who would not get angry at me whenever I try and speak my opinion. I wish I had a mother who would not shut me to entire world, and completeley ignore me. I wish I had a mother who took my feeling to consideration. I wish my mother would not act so fake in front everyone and comepletely make me feel like trash. I wish that she would not beat me up, and shatter my body, my heart and my face into a million pieces. I wish that these would all come true, but I know they never can.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-12-2018, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Reply: Hello I’m 14 years old.

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

From everything that you have been going through at home with your parent’s it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Me too yesterday I got Suspension and my mom beat me for 40 minutes straight its so bad to the point where i want to die I just wanna be left alone for once

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reaching out. First of all, we want you to know that abuse is never okay. You deserve to live in a home where you are safe from being attacked. One thing you can consider doing is filing an abuse report. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or you can call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 in order to file an abuse report. If you have any marks or bruises, you may want to take pictures of them with a camera or phone to help with your report if you choose to file one.

Also, you said you want to die. If you are thinking about killing yourself, please reach out to get some help. You can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. You matter and what you are going through is not worth throwing your life away.

Please feel free to call us anytime or start a chat with us at 1800runaway.org. We are here to listen and help.

i'm 13 years old and my mom abuses me. most of the time is verbally whether its calling me fat or yelling at me for the smallest things. a few minutes ago i accidentally slammed the door after having a little argument and she started punching me and pulling my hair and making me kneel on the floor that's when i knew i had enough so i'm doing this.. i'm really scared and cry myself to sleep everyday. I've started falling into a depression i feel like life isn't worth living. i feel like nobody loves me in my own home. two years ago it got so bad i started self harming. i'm fine now but i feel like its going to happen again. my dad had always been the nicer parent telling my mom to stop and always being happy and proud of me meanwhile my mom just looked at me as stupid. i was failing 4 classes and i had a talk with my dad and now i'm getting better (still on the way) i'm only failing one class but my mom doesn't think i'm doing well enough my dad on the other hand was supportive,he orders me an uber to go to extra help and he always calls me when he sees that i'm doing better since i don't live with him. i really want to get help but i don't wanna move i love where i live i have friends who i love and they make me happier, i already moved 3 years ago and it was really hard to make friends i don't wanna go through it again. i don't wanna call anyone i'm too scared that she'll find out and hurt me to the point where i might die. people say its discipline when your parents hit you but when they do it over the smallest things or for no reason its abuse. when my mom hit me a few minutes ago i grabbed her wrists trying to protect myself but she started hitting me worse saying that i tried to hit her back. please help me and tell me what to do i'm scared

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey There,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Everyone deserves to live somewhere where they feel happy and safe.

You said that you have previously had thoughts of suicide and used to self-harm and worry that you might start again.. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. If your parents live separately it could be worthwhile to talk to your dad about changing your living situation or about custody changes.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X