Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom thinks bad of me and hits me whenever she gets mad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mom has hit me and my sister ever since we were young. i am 14 now but she only hits me because she doesnt love me or something. she has taken my phone and i do and online school thing and go to my home high school for one class and often i go to class crying because y mom hits me in the car. she has busted my lip and left my arm hurting for multiple days because she hits the same place on my upper arm all the time and hits my jaw/ mouth in the same place. I cant call the police because she will find some way to tell them im lying and make my sister and dad lie. i cant tak to my dad because no one likes him. he cheats and such but we need him for bill money. my mom found out i selfharmed and got mad at me for it. she gets mad when i cry because she has no emotions. i cant talk to her. being at home doesnt feel safe to me and i get pushed around. One of my friends at school said i cant let her hit me. last year in middle school dfacs was called on my family because of something i said to a boyfriend that escalated to the counselor. my mom blamed me for it and constantly brings that the me saying im going to ruin her life, or that ive already ruined her life. I hate her. im scared of my own mom. What do i do?..

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for your openness to share about your experience and reaching out to us. It takes courage to do so when it seems a lot of your outlets have been difficult to share with as it results in making things worse with you mom. It is never okay to hit by your parents and you do have the right to report the abuse. Understandably there is a fear that people won’t believe you and things could be covered up, this may be difficult to think about, but it may be good to collect evidence that proves the abuse that is going on, so if you decide to report. We are also mandated reporters here and can support you with calling out the child help (National Child Abuse Hotline) at 1-800-422-4453. You can ask questions about the process, report here, or get support with what you are experiencing.

One should feel safe and supported in their own and it sounds like you have support outside the home, but needing some ways to outlet until things can shift until change can happen. It’s definitely okay to have emotions as that is what makes us unique as humans. Also another way you can seek help is reaching out to a friend, teacher, or counselor at school that can help you look for resources. Your mental health is important. You can also look at SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) at samhsa.gov (call them directly at 1-877-726-4727) or NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness 1-800-950-NAMI to help you find the support that you need. If you do ever feel in direct danger, to yourself, or some else makes you feel that way, please call out to 911 or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255). You are valued and important.

We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our hotline ( 1-800-RUNAWAY) and chat are open 24/7.

-NRS

Hello I’m 14 years old. Today my Mother took a Hard Cardboard Road and completely hurt and destroyed my hands and my legs, I’m crying so hard and tell her how I can’t feel any part of my body, but she said she does not care, and in fact she would even hit me more and harder. She abuses me whenever she can and loves to embarrass e in public’s, she never lets me be with any of my friends and when ever I cry she always tells me I’m faking it. She beats me on another level and does not care about me at all. I wish I could just shut myself from the entire world and not let it know I exist. I wish I could have a better mom who would not get angry at me whenever I try and speak my opinion. I wish I had a mother who would not shut me to entire world, and completeley ignore me. I wish I had a mother who took my feeling to consideration. I wish my mother would not act so fake in front everyone and comepletely make me feel like trash. I wish that she would not beat me up, and shatter my body, my heart and my face into a million pieces. I wish that these would all come true, but I know they never can.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-12-2018, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Reply: Hello I’m 14 years old.

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

From everything that you have been going through at home with your parent’s it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Me too yesterday I got Suspension and my mom beat me for 40 minutes straight its so bad to the point where i want to die I just wanna be left alone for once

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reaching out. First of all, we want you to know that abuse is never okay. You deserve to live in a home where you are safe from being attacked. One thing you can consider doing is filing an abuse report. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or you can call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 in order to file an abuse report. If you have any marks or bruises, you may want to take pictures of them with a camera or phone to help with your report if you choose to file one.

Also, you said you want to die. If you are thinking about killing yourself, please reach out to get some help. You can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. You matter and what you are going through is not worth throwing your life away.

Please feel free to call us anytime or start a chat with us at 1800runaway.org. We are here to listen and help.

i'm 13 years old and my mom abuses me. most of the time is verbally whether its calling me fat or yelling at me for the smallest things. a few minutes ago i accidentally slammed the door after having a little argument and she started punching me and pulling my hair and making me kneel on the floor that's when i knew i had enough so i'm doing this.. i'm really scared and cry myself to sleep everyday. I've started falling into a depression i feel like life isn't worth living. i feel like nobody loves me in my own home. two years ago it got so bad i started self harming. i'm fine now but i feel like its going to happen again. my dad had always been the nicer parent telling my mom to stop and always being happy and proud of me meanwhile my mom just looked at me as stupid. i was failing 4 classes and i had a talk with my dad and now i'm getting better (still on the way) i'm only failing one class but my mom doesn't think i'm doing well enough my dad on the other hand was supportive,he orders me an uber to go to extra help and he always calls me when he sees that i'm doing better since i don't live with him. i really want to get help but i don't wanna move i love where i live i have friends who i love and they make me happier, i already moved 3 years ago and it was really hard to make friends i don't wanna go through it again. i don't wanna call anyone i'm too scared that she'll find out and hurt me to the point where i might die. people say its discipline when your parents hit you but when they do it over the smallest things or for no reason its abuse. when my mom hit me a few minutes ago i grabbed her wrists trying to protect myself but she started hitting me worse saying that i tried to hit her back. please help me and tell me what to do i'm scared

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey There,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Everyone deserves to live somewhere where they feel happy and safe.

You said that you have previously had thoughts of suicide and used to self-harm and worry that you might start again.. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. If your parents live separately it could be worthwhile to talk to your dad about changing your living situation or about custody changes.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
          NRS

I am 15, Yes I do make my mum mad when I do not do my chores correctly but she punches me in the arm hits me on the back/punches. Hits me/kicks me. I know if the marks don't stay for long it is not considered child abuse but still, and she also smacks me in the head.

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It is never okay for your mum (or anyone!) to hit, punch, or kick you. You deserve to feel safe and happy in your own home. You always have the right to file an abuse report with child protective services by talking with a teacher, guidance counselor, or any other adult you trust; you can also call your local cps office on your own. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at (1-800-422-4453) or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.
          We hope this was helpful, but if you have any questions or need any resources we are always here for you through our 24-hour hotline, 1-800-786-2929.

Stay safe,

NRS

Hi! I'm 12 years old and my mother hits me all the time. She isn't in depression or anything but, it's all because of my older sister. My sister, she will hit me all the time and also,yell at me and throw things at me. She also steals my things and ruins them. But, when I do that to her for revenge my mother hits me really bad. My eyes get all red from crying all the time because of the pain. My mother blames me for the mistakes that my sister makes. I don't ever get anything I want. My life is technically ruined. For example, for the past 4 years, on every single of my birthday's we have moved. Now that we finally didn't, I asked for something that I never got. Yes, we went out for dinner, but that just made me sick. So, nI asked my dad if I could get something that could make p for that and he replied with, "No, we are falling short on some money." It is so naot fair. My mother will get mad at me for the littelest reasons. Some times I think about killing myself. Almost, eveytime I cry until my head starts hurting and I faint. I don't know who to ask for help because I don't trust my teachers or counselor right now and my grandmother says she can't do anything about it. I'm definetly in deep depression right now. I can't call anyone either becasue my mother takes away my electronics all the time. I finally am getting the chance to say this because she can't take away my school computer because of homework. Please give my some advice. I don't want to live this horrible life anymore. I'd rather run away or kill my self.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,

Thanks so much for reaching out. It sounds like you’re in a very painful situation without much support, so it’s great that you’ve asked for some help. We’re sorry to hear you’ve been so mistreated. No one deserves to be physically abused by anyone, ever. It’s important to remember that what you’re going through is not your fault and you’re not alone.

If you weren’t already aware, your mother’s behavior constitutes abuse. She has no right to hit you and you have the right to report it if you choose. It sounds like you don’t have phone access right now, so if you need help doing so, or simply want to talk with someone safe and trustworthy about what’s going on, you can use our chat service at 1800runaway.org. If you regain access to your phone, or can borrow someone else’s, you can call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or our call center at 1-800-786-2929. Someone is always available to listen and to help.

We’re sorry to hear you don’t trust your teachers or counselors right now, but again, it’s important to remember that you’re not alone. You mentioned wanting to kill yourself. If those thoughts ever get out of control or you feel like you might try to hurt yourself, please reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at suicidepreventionlifeline.org or 1-800-273-8255. Your safety and well-being are important and you are valued, no matter how it might feel to you now.

Thanks again for reaching out. We know things are difficult at the moment but it’s great that you’re looking for some help. We hope to hear from you soon.

I feel like i'm not loved. My mom hits me for no reason and says things like "Your stupid" "You can't do anything right" "Go study because you need the extra help since its impossible for you to pass" "I wish you were never my daughter" "You shouldn't be here". It was easy to listen to in the beginning but then I started believing all of those words. I'm 13 and i'm in 8th grade. Ever since a new school was made in the district my school wanted to "Up their game" and started giving us more work. I did them all and got good grades but when I started talking to my friend about school she told me about how nice the other school is. I have a racist assistant principle who literally only likes white people, and none of my teachers really care about me. My social studies teacher puts in 0's for me even if I turn my work in 1 day late and she grades it after a month. When I go home my mom sees a 0 in the grade book and she hits me for it. Yeah it's a normal Asian parents thing... but it's not normal for a school with selfish racist and HORRIBLE teachers. I literally can't take any of it and I worry about how i'll make it in the future. I found this video game called Roblox and I started getting addicted to it because of the people in the community. I could talk about everything that was going on... without someone judging me. I also learned that people had similar problems like me, and I became friends with most of the people. It was my get away place, but soon my mom started getting mad at me for not washing the dishes or doing all the chores I never had to do before. She beat me for it. Most peoples parents slap them but mines use actual objects. My mom hits me with my old baseball bat and it hurts a lot. But as she called me a worthless pile of ___ I realized that no one loved me.Every time I got an 80 my mom would tell me that I was bad at everything and beat me for it. I started to speak up for my self because I was feed up with it all .My mom tells my dad about my grades and he doesn't care but then she starts stretching the truth and being dramatic about it and it builds up tension in my dads mind. Soon he started hitting me too but I didn't care because I love my dad... He works hard every day earning money for us and keeping us alive we had a good family until my mom changed.I thought about going to a place where I could learn and get support from those who surround me. I wished for a new mom every night hoping someone would listen to my prayers but nothing happend. Sometimes I actually get ready to run away but then I remember my dad and how he needs my support. I'm scared honestly I don't feel safe in my house. My mom acts like a crazy woman and it actually scares me. I feel like I might die someday because of how much and how hard she hits me. I want to run away but i'm scared about where I will go or if someone will kidnap me or if I get killed. Its scary and I dont know what to do. I don't want to tell my friends because i'm scared they will hate me.

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to go to a school where you are being discriminated against only then to go home to such a tense situation. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

You mentioned that your dad hits you and your mom regularly beats you with objects. This raises concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused no matter the situation. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
          NRS

Hi, i'm 14 and lately, i've been doing bad at school. Every time i come home, if i'm not doing my work without zero silence, questions, or arguments, my mom hits me and threatens to hit more. Now i am wanting to call a service, but i'm afraid that she will either beat me more or ill be taken away and as much as she hits me i still love her very much. but I have fallen into a depression lately with suicidal thoughts sometimes, and i feel like if i dont do something, i wont make it to my 15th birthday. Please help me.

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. It also sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
          We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe,
          NRS

Hi im 11 years old and my mom hits me when i don't clean, do the dishes, take out the trash and more . She even has threatened me , she said if it weren't wrong to kill someone then i would kill u and stuff. I tried standing up for my self but she and my dad thinks im taking back and hits me more. Today my mom and i got in a fight about how i didn't clean my mess i did in my basement. I was going to clean it up but she hit me and yelled at me. I dont know what to do , i dont know if i can call the police or not .

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
          We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe,
          NRS

I'm 13 yrs old and My mother gets mad for no reason at me. She will hear a metal utensil up and threaten me. She has hit me in front of public and it has emotionally and physically affected me a lot. It even caused a red mark. I still love my mom but I dont want her to go to jail, that will cause more problems in my life. Plus my grandparents and my mom only have one goal in their whole life, to take any chance they have to take away my phone/PS4/playing. I dont wanna go to therapy. I am too scared to talk to her about it. please reply asap

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen Wow you do not deserve to be treated like that. Abuse is unacceptable no matter if it is physical or emotional abuse. We know you mentioned not wanting to get the police involved but making an abuse report is always an option if you would like to make one. To make an abuse report you can call The Child Helpline at – 1800-422-4453. We know that sometimes making an abuse report can be scary if you would like our help you can call us at any time. We know you also mentioned not wanting to go to therapy one option is you could try talking to a school counselor or a teacher about what has been going on. After one time if you did not like talking to them or it did not make you feel better, you are not obligated to go again. If you do not feel safe in your home and need a place to go you can always call us, and we can help you look for shelters in your area. Another option is you could see if you could stay with a family member or friend. If you ever feel like you are in danger please call 911 ASAP. Your safety is our top concern, and whatever you decide we hope you are safe.
          We hope this information will help you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
          NRS

when my mom hits me I have gotten used to it and it doesn't hurt that bad anymore but when she started hitting me with a broom i have felt so empty because she makes me feel like i am such a bad person

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi. First off I want to thank you for reaching out to us; that can be a very difficult thing to do. We want to tell you that no one deserves to be hit no matter the reason. You deserve to feel safe and secure. You do have options such as Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 this is the National Child Abuse hotline. Calling these places can feel overwhelming so if you wanted to explore this option, you could always call us and we can help you through it. We are also here 24/7 to talk about other things and other options if reporting is not something you felt comfortable with. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

I am 14 years old. I get decent grades, but whenever I have a slight slip my mom yells at me. My dad does not mind because he knows I always fix my grades, but not my mom. When I study at home and don’t understand something, I get hit or slapped. If I talk back, I get hit or slapped. If I try to talk all I get is negative responses. I am not allowed the same privileges as others my age. Today, I was struck with a big textbook, causing my arm to swell up. I try to stay happy, but it is getting very difficult and I don’t want to fall into sadness. I hope there is something I can do so that my mother understands me.

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Your mom's actions are unacceptable and you deserve to live in a home where you are safe and secure.

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

All the best,
          NRS

Hi, I’m 13 year old girl. My mom and my older sister treat me like their slave whenever I’m watching computer or my phone they always say “what are you doing, why are you so lazy why are you doing nothing. You watch video like 2 hour ago.” And I get very annoyed by that so I have to clean the house everyday. Sometimes my body feel very heavy and tired and I feel like I have no strength. Whenever I don’t clean the dishes or the house my mom and my older sister always hit me in the head or slap me. I cry mostly everyday in my room or bathroom. Sometimes i feel like running away but I don’t have the courage to do that. I want to tell everyone’s about my situation but when I think about it they my family so how could I do that. Please help me.!

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS and having the strength to share your story with us. We are sorry to hear about your situation and what you’ve been dealing with. Ideally, home would be a place where people feel safe, loved, and valued, and you do not deserve to be treated that way. You’ve been very courageous to reach out for help and try your best despite the circumstances.

Although NRS is not a legal agency, we can try to give a general idea of possible outcomes if you were to run away. If you are considered a minor in your state, you are still under your parents’ guardianship, therefore at any point when you are gone, they are legally within their rights to file a runaway report. Being a runaway is a status offense, and while you would not be charged with a crime, if police came across you, they would probably return you home. Guardians could also potentially press charges against people who took you into their care for “harboring a runaway;” these charges would be misdemeanors, but still criminal offenses.

You’ve mentioned a few instances of physical and emotional abuse. We understand that trauma can be difficult to work through and that reporting may not be an option you are comfortable with. However, you do deserve to live in a safe place, and if you wanted to talk more about child abuse reporting or wanted support, Child Help (National Child Abuse Hotline) could be a resource for learning what reporting would look like. They are accessible by phone at 1-800-422-4453 and online at childhelp.org.

We would love to talk more about the details of your situation so that we can work towards a solution that you find acceptable. If you would like to share more, please feel free to call our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.
          We hope this information was helpful and take care.
          National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Hi I'm 13 and I have a question. Is it ok for my mother to hit me when I don't listen to her? I have MDD and it causes me to become drained some days, on those days sometimes I don't want to deal with my family. But my mother is a person who likes order and a clean house, daily. By a clean house, I don't mean the house has to be sparkling but to whatever standards she has for that day. If me or my siblings don't meet her standards for whatever chore she gives us, she will call us names, compare us to her self, be rude, or if it gets a bit heated hit us and try to drag us to her. When she does hit me she will ether slap me, shove me, or pull my hair. But I do have a couple other questions about her and my father. One is, is ok for her to think that just because were family she can get naked in front of me and think it is ok? Or for her to shower with my eight and five year old brothers? Or for her to sleep with my five year old brother, in the same room as the eight year old? The questions I have about my father is, is it ok for him to scream or threaten to hit us? Or for him to look at me funny when I'm in a bathing suit or wearing shorts? Or for him to scream at my mother to get a job, to disaplen my dyslectic and autistic five year old brother, to throw a beer can at her and threaten to pour beer on her, to scream "shut to ******** up"? He has been to jail for rapeing me when I was 4/5/6 but since at the time, I couldn't remember anything about it he was bailed out by my mother. But now I can very vevidly remember what he did, down to what I was wearing to what portion the bed was in. I don't know what to do, because if I do go the the police they might not believe me. Or if I go to the police they might take us away, then what? My brother needs to go to a special school because he can't speak English properly and he's autistic/dyslectic. And I have a theripest that costs money because of my past self harm and suicide attempt. But I went to the mental ward but they let me go. But ever since then my mother uses the theirpest as a way to make me listen to her, or she will flat out make me feel horrible or like I'm faking it because of my MDD and self harm. When. she found out she looked at me like I was a animal, and the next day completely flipped out on me. Its been a couple mouths now but, when I get in on of my episodes of just feeling drained she will threaten to make sleep down stairs or to monerter me like I was in the hospital . Please tell me what I should do, Im scared about my safety and my siblings safety.

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Your parents' behavior is worrisome and it makes sense that you are worried about your own and your siblings' safety.

You mentioned some things about abuse and inappropriate sexual actions taken by your parents that raise concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody or discussing a foster care or group home placement. Taking pictures or video of the abuse and/or and injuries that have occurred because of it may be helpful during a CPS investigation. If you need help filing an abuse report you can contact us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can either file a report for you or conduct a conference call with CPS to help you through the process. You can also tell a teacher, school counselor/social worker, police officer, medical personnel like a doctor or nurse about what's going on at home and they can file a report for you as well.

You mentioned that you were raped by your father at a young age. You do not deserve to have this happen to you, and we believe and support you. You are a survivor and that means that you have a great strength and resilience inside you. It can be really hard to deal with this alone and sometimes it’s helpful to reach out to additional agencies for support. One really great resource for all survivors of sexual assault or abuse is RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network). You can call them any time 24/7 at 1-800-656-4673, or go to www.rainn.org to use their online hotline. RAINN is the National Sexual Assault Hotline and has a lot of services, support, and resources that you may find helpful.

All the best,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X