Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom thinks bad of me and hits me whenever she gets mad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hi, I'm a 15 year old dealing with issues at home. My mother hits me everytime she gets mad and I don't know how to deal with it anymore. I tell her to stop but instead of stopping she raises her hand and says "tell me to stop one more time". The more I tell her to stop the more I get hit. At this point I don't even say anything when she yells at me anymore I just stay quiet and I still get hit. She threathens to strangle me or to send me off to my father, which is not somewhere I want to live. I'm not sure whether it's come to the point where I'm depressed or what but I'm just so tired. She likes to compare me to all the kids at my school. When I tell her about a good achievment she asks what the other kids got. When I don't do well she yells, and by I mean not doing well if I get anything below a 93 percent, even if it's a 92. She tells me I won't ever get into college, she tells me I'm going to be working on the streets. She calls me ugly and makes me feel worthless. My mother provides a good home and she cares for me but I don't know how much more I can deal with all the screaming, yelling, and fighting. She won't let me go out anywhere either even before the quarantine. I'm not allowed to hang out with friends or have sleepovers, go to school dances or activities. There was a point where I even had to beg her to let me go trick or treating in my neighborhood. I'm just I don't know what to do. She tells me if I ever get a boyfriend or if I ever get another A- again I can leave and never come back to the house again and go live with my dad. I just needed venting sorry about that.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. It sounds like you are in a really hard and scary situation with your mom hitting you hard and everything being worse when she gets drunk. It is understandable that you want to live with your dad.

There are two things you can consider doing. One is to either ask someone from school to report your mom’s behavior to your state’s child protective services - we can help you with this too- and also talk to your dad about living with him. It is he who can best work on this because it is an issue of custody. Telling him how your mother hits you and how she is drunk and treats you even worse; that is something we hope that you can tell someone at school about and also about your depression too.

It is the adults in your life who a can help you. If you are not safe at home, with a cell phone you can reach out to www.nationalsafeplace.org and use the TXT 4 Help option.

You can also reach out to us so that we can talk it all over together. You can call us at 1800-786-2929 or access our live chat via www.1800runaway.org

We hope to hear from you soon,
    Sincerely, NRS

Guest replied
    I am 13 and my mom gets mad at me all the time and then ends up hitting me hard she once gave me a bloody nose. I don't know what to do my parents are divorced i wanna live with my dad but when i said so she made a big deal out of it and didn't let me see him for a week and she only ever lets me see him on weekends. She also gets drunk a lot and when she does its worse she blames me for everything and doesn't treat me the same as my older brother and sister. Today she got mad at me for not having enough work done when i check i had 5 minutes of work not done she then cornered me and started yelling at my and punched me in my back and left red marks on my arm. I have anxiety and ADHD and i am pretty sure depression. I want to live with my dad but i do not know if i can i live in Ohio please help.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another.

We want you to know that we are here as a support for you during this difficult time. It is not okay that your mom hits you and you do not deserve to be treated in that way. If you would like to talk more in depth about your situation and explore possible options, please do not hesitate to reach out again anytime by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at 1800runaway.org.

We look forward to hearing from you soon,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I can relate to ALL OF THESE. My mom hits me for the smallest things too. When I try to reason with her she just hits me more. I hate my life.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now.
    Wow you do not deserve to be hit or treated like that, and we are sorry you are going through all of that. You do have the right to file an abuse report and there are a few ways you can do that. One option to consider is talking with your school counselor and they can help you make a report. Another option to consider is to call Child Help at: 1800-422-4453, and they can help you make a report. You can also call us and we can help you make a report.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I'm 15 years old. I am currently suffering from depression, anxiety, and OCD. I think part of the reason why is because of my parents. Sure, I yell at my parents some times, but they always hit me whenever I yell. It's gotten to the point where I almost hit them back. This has been happening for a few years now, and my sisters sometimes get hit too, but I always get hit the most. My mom doesn't understand anything. and says if I contact the police "I will be the one going to jail for treating her like this." She's told me many times that she doesn't want me, and she makes me feel useless. She also told me to die a few times because she can't handle me. My OCD get's really bad and my mom tells me I'm a psycho. Sure, she can be nice sometimes, but she is a total nightmare to live with. My dad rarely hits me, but he does it sometimes too. I feel trapped in my own home. I don't go to school because I do online schooling which makes the whole situation worse because I have to see my mom every day. It's sad because sometimes I wish and pray that she leaves us.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hi,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

With everything that you have been going through at home with your mom it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite concerned by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-17-2019, 12:25 AM.

Guest replied
    Hello, I am 12 years old and my mother sometimes hits me. It’s usually because if I do one little thing to annoy her, she goes on a rampage and starts hitting me. After that she comes into my room calm, and wants everything to go back to normal like nothing ever happened. We have the perfect relationship, but this happens almost every other day. Is this abuse?
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-17-2019, 12:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello! Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds like you are dealing with a really hard situation. You do not deserve to be hit, or for you to feel unsafe at home. If you ever wanted to make an abuse report, you can call Child Help at: 1800-422-4453. You may also consider talking to a school counselor, about what has been going on at home.

We hope that the options we explored with you, are able to assist you. If you need additional resources, or want us to call somewhere on your behalf, you can reach out to us anytime at 1800) 786-2929, chat with us online at the nationalrunawaysafeline.org. Best of luck!

Guest replied
    hi im 9 years old and every time my mom gets really mad at me, she hits me in the mouth. i mean, she loves me but out side, she hates me.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. We believe you that you have been in an abusive home and are struggling with depression because of this. We are glad that you have school where you can feel loved. That is what you deserve. We believe you when you say that you have tried to end your life, and we want you to know that your life matters to us. You matter to us.
    We are glad that you’ve talked to a counselor, and are sorry that it feels like nothing has changed. The counselor is to help you to feel stronger inside, not necessarily to change your mother’s behavior. We hope you can continue to talk to the counselor. You deserve to be heard and helped.
    You can reach out to https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/ if you have access to a cell phone and use the TXT 4 Help option. They will be able to either just talk to them about what you’re going through, or let them help you connect to your local youth agency. We can also help you figure out what your options are, but to do so, we hope that you will reach out to us so that we can learn more of what things are like for you at home. We would best be able to help you if we can talk about all of this, either through our phone hotline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or via live chat at 1800runaway.org What you are going through deserves our time and attention to talk through your options. We are here to listen and to help.
    We truly hope to hear from you soon.
    NRS

Guest replied
    hi i’m 12 years old i have been in an abusive home for 6 years now. i have been struggling with depression for 5 years and have tried ending my life 69 times. i can only be happy in school because that’s where the people that actually love me are. my mom says that she hates me and they she hopes that she had gotten an abortion before i was born and she compares me to everyone and it kills me that i’m not good enough. i have already talked to a counseler but nothing has really changed it’s actually gotten worse plz i need some advice asap

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to have to hide important relationships due to fear of your mom's reaction. You mentioned that she hits you a lot, and this raises some concern for your well being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen, It sounds like you are dealing with a really hard situation. You do not deserve to be hit and for your home to feel unsafe. If you ever wanted to make an abuse report you can call Child Help at: 1800-422-4453. You can also consider talking to a school counselor about what has been going on at home.
    We wish you the best of luck. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X