Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom thinks bad of me and hits me whenever she gets mad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi im seventeen years old and suffer from depression. I have always been a successful student, and always made honor roll. However i am criticized by my parents for wanting to be a normal teen. I can never go out with friends,(not even to the park across from our own house) while my older and younger brother constantly fail classes and leave the house feely. I've told my parents about my depression but they say i don't have it even though they are not qualified to diagnose me. In the past i did cut my wrists when i felt down but haven't in over 2 years. But now my mother is beating me when i come home with less than a 95 on any school work. Its gotten so bad to the point i am considering suicide. I live in a new area and don't have anyone i see as a close friend to talk to. I am truly loosing all hope. Please help.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline and sharing about the abuse you have been experiencing at home, your experience with self-injury, your current thoughts, and the relationship you feel like you have. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and especially in a time where you have a really tough and complex situation at home. We are sorry you are experiencing abuse, no one ever deserves to go through that. You do have the right to report the abuse to Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. You can either do it yourself or call into us directly and we can support you through it. It is hard to say the result of reporting, but if you call in you can ask what the process might look like.

Also another way you can seek help is reaching out to a friend, teacher, or counselor at school that can help you look for resources. Your mental health is important. You can also look at SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) at samhsa.gov or call them directly at 1-877-726-4727 to help you find the support that you need. If you do ever feel in direct danger, to yourself, or some else makes you feel that way, please call out to 911 or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255). Another resource related to your experience is To Write Love On Her Arms (twloha.com)

It can be difficult to know how to talk to your parents and express your feelings about how you are feeling. We would encourage you to reach out to a trusted adult, teacher, relative, and friend that you can talk to and potentially help you mediate a conversation with your parents about your current situation. At NRS, we do offer a service call conference calling, where you can call into our hotline and then we would reach out to your guardian and help advocate for you, help you express the needs of to your parents.

We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY we are open 24/7.

-NRS

Hi, my mum hits me too. It hurts a lot both physically and mentally. I have become too depressed to even do my homework. Lately, I have wanted to die. My dad is home rarely. I don't really want to talk to my friends or teachers about it as school is the one place where I feel happy and safe. I don't want to associate school with home in any way. Sometimes I wish my school was boarding so I don't ever have to come home and see my parents. Recently I was away from home for about five days and it was one of the happiest moments of my life. What should I do

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there, thanks for reaching out today!

Sounds like you are going through so much right now. Unfortunately we are based in the United States and do not know what international runaway laws look like. Your might reach out to the UK's Childline: https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/.

Best of luck to you and we are sorry we are unable to help.

-NRS

I am 13 years old, and the way my mom acts is having a severe effect on my life. She has extreme mood swings, usually dependent on how much business we are getting. A lot of times I feel like she cares about money more than me. She compares me to other kids a lot (‘So and so can play three different instruments! Look at you, what can you do?”). She thinks that me reading and being on my phone = me growing up to being a lazy adult, so she says that she has to “beat it out of me”. But in between, she acts like a really nice mom, and she always apologizes and says that she’s changing herself.

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks a ton for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that your mother has such extreme mood swings and that she beats you. This is unacceptable; your mom has no right to treat you in any way that intentionally causes you harm, and you don't deserve to experience that. A lot of people who hit others make apologies for their behavior and promise to change their behavior like they say, and understandably it could be very difficult to be told this and see no changes. We are able to file an abuse report to CPS about this behavior if you are interested. They may be able to rehouse you after they investigate your home situation. We also can talk to you about these struggles, and any feelings you may have. If you're interested in these services, you can call us at 1-800-786-2929.

Best,
      NRS

From as long as I can remember my mom hit my siblings and I. I was the black sheep and received the most abuse. Whenever my mother got angry she would beat me, usually with shoes. It was 2 years ago when I first stood up to her, and things haven’f been as bad. I’m 16 now and fallen into depression because my mother is a terrible person and doesn’t understand me at all. My father doesn’t abuse me but he doesnmf understand me either. I’ve told my parents I’m going to kill myself as threats to stop the harassment, but it my mother replies with “why’re u going to kill urself, who died.” I don’t care if I live or die anymore. I feel like death would be better than living in this hell hole any longer. I just feel bad for ny younger siblings who have to deal with that monster.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear that you and your siblings are being abused at home. Abuse is never okay, and you don't deserve to be treated that way. If you feel as though you are in immediate danger, we encourage you to contact the police. You mentioned that you don't care if you live or die. Although you are going through a rough time right now, you are not alone. Your life matters ! Talking to someone about how you feel could help. The National Suicide Hotline(1-800-273-8255) is a great resource for support. You have the right to report the abuse, you could contact CPS. They would conduct an investigation and if they determine that your home isn't safe they would remove you and your siblings. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) could provide you with other options and you could get information on how to transfer custody. Another option that you have is looking into emancipation laws for your state. We hope that this information helps, please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat, if you have any questions or just want to talk.

Hi I am 13 years old and live with my mom,dad,and 8 siblings I HATE my older sister SO much she came to America 5 years ago.Before she came everything was all good but now that she’s here it’s like a living hell all she does is tell my mom lies or instigates and my mom believes her and yells at us or beats us up and when we try to tell her our side of the story she doesn’t even listen to us or she just thinks were lying and my dad just yells at us all the time for absolutely no reason and sometimes when he gets mad he gets violent with us I don’t know what to do because I’m the youngest and nobody ever listens to me or tries to help it’s like she’s the QUEEN of the house.I don’t want to get my mom or dad in trouble because I love them both but at the same time I don’t sometimes. I am scared that if I tell the police I’m gonna get beat up by my family members.

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that you are being put into this scary situation at home. If you fear for your immediate safety and would like to contact your local police please feel free to do so. Or, you can call in to our hotline and we can call out to your local police together on a conference call. We want you to feel like you can be safe at home.
      You mentioned experiencing abuse at home. If you would like to report to CPS you can call us at 1800-RUNAWAY and we can report together or you can on your own as well. Also you can contact Child Help a National Child Abuse Hotline to make a report at 1800-422-4453 or at www.childhelp.org . Possibly mentioning your concerns with your family retaliating because you reporting may help the police see that there is a need for your safety to be considered. Also talking with someone at school or another trusting adult may help you report in a way that gives you some distance from your family finding out about it. We are sorry you feel like no one listens to you. If you ever feel you need to talk you can call into our hotline and we can discuss your situations as well as try to help you brainstorm some options to try and help you. We are here to listen. If you feel you need to leave your home you can also call us for resources for youth shelters.
      Again, we thank you for having the courage to reach out to us. We are open 24/7 are confidential and toll free. We wish you the best.
      -NRS
      We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
      NRS

My mom hits me because she thinks I don't know how to take good care of home. I am 15; I have two brothers but she treats me the worst I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 07-13-2018, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Reply: My mom hits me...

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      You don't deserve to be hit. It’s is not your fault that she doing this..
      There is nothing wrong with wanting to be treated fairly.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this.

We welcome you to contact NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org (Live Chat).
      We are here to listen and can share your feelings about what you think your next step might be to resolve these issues you are having with your mom.

You did a great job by reaching out today.
      We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My mum hits me too. My dad had gone away for hitting her and he had been under restriction order. She kept on saying that im like my dad but im not. Today she said that to me again so i got angry and went inside. Then she started hitting me in my head and back with her shoe. I was lucky my brother was there otherwise she would have hurt me a lot. I dont know what to do, she says shes sending me to my dad but i dont want to. Im only 12 so i dont know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, there,
          Thank you so much for writing in. It’s a brave thing that you’re doing, sharing what’s going on at home with your mom. You never, ever deserve to be hit. It’s unacceptable and just not okay. We’re glad to hear that your brother was there to help you out, but it’s not right that your mom was hitting you to begin with. We encourage you to confide in adults that you trust, like a teacher, guidance counselor, another family member, or even one of your friend’s parents. You also have the right to file an abuse report. For more information on abuse reporting, what constitutes abuse, and what might happen if you do file an abuse report, you can contact Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.
          --NRS

Hello i am 16 years old. whenever i get like 90 or 80 on a test my mum smacks me super hard on my cheek then she pulls my hair and drags me into my room, slamming the door from behind. please help me! and when i do the littlest things she sometimes even grabs a sharp object like scissors and cuts my hair and pokes me in my arm. i really really need help but i cannot call anyone since my mother took all my electronics away and i cant use the home phone either. i am never allowed outside or with my friends so i cant use their phones. help!!

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, you seem to be located outside of the United States so our resources that we have available are very sparse. However, you can always call us to talk at 1800-RUNAWAY. You mentioned suicide, which is a very serious topic. If you are feeling like you want to harm yourself or end your life, please do not hesitate to reach out to your local police for help. Unfortunately we cannot conference call out to international resources. You can also call out to the Australia Lifeline at 13-11-14 or at https://www.lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home .

Dealing with an abusive situation at home can be extremely hard and scary. We are here to support you through this hard time. You do not deserve any form of abuse by the hand of anyone. If you are feeling unsafe or are thinking about reporting the abuse you may want to contact your local Child Protection agency or the police. It sounds like there is some alcohol and drug abuse going on in the home. If at any time your family members are willing to get help for their situations hopefully they will contact some drug and alcohol counseling resources. You informed us that you may be looking to leave home but do not want to stay anywhere that is not stable. You seem to have some concerns about that, it is understandable that you feel that you need stability. Possibly talking with other friends or family members who are trustworthy about your situation may also help you get more options about where to go.

Again, thank you for reaching out to the NRS. We are open 24/7 on our hotline. We are also confidential, and are toll free. We wish you the very best and hope for a safer environment for you.

-NRS

hi, i’m reaching out because i don’t know what to do. i feel like a failure... like i’ve failed my mom, failed the world. my mom belittles me and she doesn’t know it. she tried to validate her wrong doings because she’s a “christian” . my mother does hit me atleast 5 days out of the week, multiple times in a day. i’ve grown to adapt to it and not cry because i don’t want to seem vulnerable because then she will feel empowered.

examples of how my mother hits me is, one day she needed to use the restroom that was in my bedroom. i usually lock my door while sleeping so in order for her to get in i would have to wake up. i didn’t hear he knocking for the first couple of minutes, until i finally woke up and answered the door. my mother believes that i was ignoring her, and when she walked in she socked me about a good 4/5 times to the face while saying, “i’m not the f****** one to play with” and the hits where so extreme i was left with a severe busted lip and i couldn’t be seen the public eyes for a week or 2 because i didn’t want to be questioned or embarrassed. i had to call of work which resulted to me being fired, and i barely ate because it was painful. that was only one out of many times that this happened. i haven’t attempted suicide but i’m not scared to. if there’s any help out there for me, that would be greatly appreciated. thank you .

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear about everything that has been going on and want you to know that your life is valuable and you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home. We understand that it takes a great deal of courage to seek help. You mentioned experiencing emotional and physical abuse which may be reportable against your mom. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at (1-800-422-4453) or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.

If you don't want to report it, a liner here could talk through other options such as getting emancipated or thinking through other possible adults or people that could advocate for you to your mom or to provide you a different place to live. We can be reached at 1-800-786-2929 24/7 if you ever need us.

Stay safe,

NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

I feel so depressed,alone because my of my mother she always beats me yell at me every time she get angry for something she treats me like a animal she always blames me and beats me for no reason i just can’t handle it im so sad and lonely. And i dont want to tell about this to anyone. I have really nice friends but they can’t help with this. She never cared about me she always cared about my step brother. I just hate my home living in their is worst that living in a hell. But somehow i mange to look them in a positive way....

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear about all that has been going on and all that you are feeling and want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home. You mentioned experiencing emotional and physical abuse which may be reportable against your mother. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at (1-800-422-4453) or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.

We are not legal experts, but we can tell you that if you are a minor, under 18, and you leave and your mother files a runaway report, you could be returned home. There could also be legal consequences for whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a runaway. If you want a liner to help you walk through other options like us mediating a conference call between you and your mother, thinking through possible adults that you could turn to or could advocate for you, or things like emancipation and legal aid numbers, don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Stay safe,

NRS

Comment

My mom keeps hitting when I do a simple mistake.
                She keeps telling me how everyone hates, even her friend's.
                I can't take this anymore.
                Just today she hit me with the belt 11 times.
                it hurts me.
                She says I'm mentally insane.
                Any advice?
                I'm 12.

Comment

• ccsmod7
                  ccsmod7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS via online forum service. Reaching out for help is a brave thing to do. Your feelings matter and you are not insane. You are so much more than what your mom says about you and you have wonderful things to offer this world.

No one should have to endure being hit by their mom. Reaching out to a trusted adult at school or a member of your family about this is a great way to find support and help with the situation. You deserve to feel supported and loved by the people around you. You can also reach out to the National Child Abuse Hotline, at 1 (800) 422-4453 or go to their website at childhelp.org. At NRS, we would be happy to speak with you as well about what you are experiencing at home. We are here 24/7 and can be reached at 1 (800) RUN-AWAY (786-2929).

We hope this information has been helpful. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us. You are strong and you are worthy of love and respect.

Hello im 13 and my mother has been very agressive lately and i cant stand her anymore whenever my sister does something that annoys she always ends up hitting me even if i dont do anything bad to her my dad isnt home right now and i dont have anyone to tell this to. the people at my school are spoiled kids and i dont want to be friends with them i always feel alone and i really need someone that i can talk to about this

Comment

• ccsmod2
                  ccsmod2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi, thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you have going through a difficult time and hopefully we can help. It sounds tough to feel your mother is being aggressive towards you and that your sister hits you. It is not fair to be treated poorly like you have been. It sounds like your dad is someone you would talk to if her was there. Assuming he is just not home at the time, would you feel comfortable asking your dad to make a time to sit and discuss this issues with you? If not, is there someone else you could think of who you trust and can talk to? This seems to be a lot on you and it may be beneficial to talk about it and discuss some possible solutions. NRS can provide you with resources that may be helpful as well and if you would really like to talk, feel free to call our 24/7 hotline at 1800-RUNAWAY or chat with us liv by visiting 1800runaway.org. Best of luck and we hope to hear from you soon.
              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X