I'm ganna run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ganna run away

my dad doesnt love me anymore. ever since he met his girlfriend and her son it seems like he plays favorites with them, and im always stuck getting yelled at and screamed at. this p ***(Edited) me off and he doesnt even understand it anymore. when i try to talk to him about things, he just yells again. i want to get out of here and never see him again if he is ganna treat me with disrespect all the time. he doesnt even like me. he always complains that i sleep all day, when i have a weightlifting class fifth hour, and wrestling practice after school. he says im not social, and so he grounds me from the things i like doing all the time now. any advice?

Re: I'm ganna run away

Thank you for sharing your situation with us at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are having a rough time with your dad lately. You mentioned that he plays favorites with his girlfriend and her son. You also said how you are getting yelled and screamed at by your dad which must make life at home difficult. How are you coping with all of that? You said that you try talking to him, but he yells at you. Are there any other ways you think you might be able to approach this subject. Or, is there anyone else you think may be able to talk to him?

You also said your dad complains about things you do; have you confronted him about that? You mentioned wrestling, so it sounds like you have at least one outlet. It must be hard to be grounded and not get to do all the things that you like doing all the time. Is there anything else you can do instead?

You say you want to get out of here and never see him again. Do you think that is realistic? In most states, it is not considered illegal to runaway. However, most states consider it a crime to harbor a runaway. Do you think your dad would allow you to stay someplace else? You did not talk about your mom, but is she in the picture at all? Or, is there any other family member you think you might be able to stay with? If you did leave, what do you think your dad would do?

We are not in a position to tell you what to do or give you advice per se. However, if you would like to call us at our 24 hr hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY, we would be happy to discuss possible options with you.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Mom lives 6 hours away. if i left id be leaving behind everything here including my girlfriend who i love and care for. maybe just runaway for a few days or weeks. just till a weekend is over so we can both have time to cool down.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to us and sharing more information about your situation. From what you said, it sounds like you think you would be able to get safely to your mothers house and stay there for a few days. Does she know that you want to runaway to her house? How would you get to her? What would you do once you got there?

You wrote that you are only planning on staying with your mom for a weekend or just until things calm down. How do you think your father would react if you left home for a few days? What do you think it might be like when you got home? While a few days might give you some time to cool down, if you leave home without permission do you think it might exacerbate the situation with your dad?

We asked in our last post if your dad would give you permission to stay a few days with someone else, like your mom. What do you think? We definitely understand that you are looking for a break from your dad, but do you think you would be able to get a break without running away?

If you want, you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY so we could talk more about your situation and help you figure out a plan you are comfortable with.

Best of luck,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X