Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My house is dangerous, its killing me mentally.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My house is dangerous, its killing me mentally.

Over the past 8+ years I have been dealing with so many family problems from mental to physical to the extreme , Its definitely a part as to why I have severe trust and anger issues and depression I’m pretty numb until something like this happens I get very emotional .. I’ve attempted to kill myself 3 times. It’s getting worse and worse year by year I try to hold my anger in bite my tongue walk away play music breathe every technique my old therapists have taught me but I can’t. I end up breaking things and throwing things.. It is not who I am as a person. I don’t act like this anywhere else but “home”. All I want is help I want to stay positive it is extremely difficult My mom drinks alcohol for her anxiety and to “sleep” .. she blames it on me. I said it a year ago she’s becoming an alcoholic everyone told me no now she is .. Everytime there is a ”bad day” ! We have our good days and bad days but the bad days are BAD! Very severe .. things get broken , thrown , threats , The verbal abuse is crazy I try to walk away but I can’t .. Cops have been called 10+ times Over the years I went to jail over this bull******** because I can’t handle myself around them they make me literally go insane . I just need to leave I’m not getting better here .. Today an argument started I could feel myself getting mad.. Told my mother to get out of my face , she didn’t listen just kept running her mouth to me and I bugged out threw stuff and ended up breaking a tv because I threw something at it .. They want me to leave or they keep saying they will call the cops. They told me to take my work clothes with me too .. I just don’t know what to do I’m over it all I want to leave permanently it literally makes me so sick my chest feels tight and hurts . I don’t want to go to a shelter .. I still want to live my life but without them because like I said without them there is no Angry me... I need help somebody please tell me what I can do.

Hi, thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes a lot of courage to share your story.
    We’re very sorry to hear that your family makes you so angry. No one deserves to be treated like that. We understand that the best option for your mental and physical health would be for you to live somewhere else. If you are over the age of majority in your state, which is typically 18, then you can certainly move out legally and go live by yourself, a friend, or other family member. If you are not over the age of majority, then living with friends or other family members are also options as long as everyone is aware of the risks. Running away is only a status offense and your parents could file a runaway report. This would mean that if the police found you then you would be returned home, but police don’t typically search for runaway youth. The adults you would be staying with would get in trouble for harboring a runaway if you were found at their home. We understand that you would not like to go to a shelter, so another option is a transitional living program, which is similar to a shelter, but is meant more for you to transition to living on your own. If you would like to take legal action to leave your parents you could try emancipation if you are old enough. This process is longer and costly and would legally be free from you parents. This process would require you to do things like prove that you are able to live on your own and need to be legally freed from your parents. This can be helped if you would like to file an abuse report. You can give us a call anytime and we can help you with either of these processes. In terms of your mental health, a great resource is NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness, which can be reached at 1-800-950-NAMI or by texting NAMI to 741741 if you ever need to talk.
    Thank you again for reaching out for help and being willing to share your story.
    Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X