Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, how can I escape really strict Asian family?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, how can I escape really strict Asian family?

My family are incredibly strict. They don't let me go out to see my friends and ban me from having any social life. I spend all my Time at home and am constantly made to do house work. I am miserable all the time. I really want to go to university but my family want me to go to a university close by so I can live at home. I've tries reasoning with them but they said I have to stay home. I know some people may not see this as a bad thing but I cant live with this family for 4 more years, its going to drive me to suicide. My brother is 20 and stayed home for university and obeyed my parents. I can tell he's miserable. He cant see frinds, he's not aloud out and feels so left out from people at university. In this kind of life its also so hard to make friends. When I look at him it just reminds me I dont want to live here anymore.

I have no control over my own money. I'm 16. Ihave no bank account, resive no money from my parents, my saving account is only accessible by my parents. Any money I make my parents take of me. So if I try to leave for university and move out I have no means to support myself. I cant get student finance because my parents won't give evidence for income

At this rate I have no choice but to give up on university and runaway when turn 18. Ik I won't have anything and will be homeless. How can I survive? Is there another way?

There is no reasoning with my parents they want me living with them until they marry me offeven when I go off for university. This is not the life I want. I would rather die. Please help me?

Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what has been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds really frustrating to have so many limits on what you can and can't do. It makes sense that you'd want the same kind of independence and freedom other kids your age are granted and will be granted upon entering college. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air between you and your parents.

The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community-based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis-related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X