Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna run away

I don’t want to live with my dad

My parents are currently divorced and I live with them both equally by doing week on - week off. However I don’t want to live with my dad. When my parents first divorced when I was little, I would cry when my mum would leave me at my dads. So we eased into it by having my mum over for dinner at my dads most nights but I would still cry. my dad used to get deployed in the Middle East a lot so it feels like I barely know him. However in 2010 (roughly) my dad met a girl who was so good for us. She made my dad settle down his rage and she kept everything in order. As I was young I built a really good connection and bond with her, recognising her as a second mother. However in 2017 they broke up and recently I’ve been really depressed. and I’ve noticed that it all comes back to that, my depression started when they broke up although it wasn’t caused by that. so now my dad has a new girlfriend who I don’t get along with, although my dad is still really close with the one I have been talking about. they act like they never broke up and they’re really close and weird. I’m now 14 and I don’t know what to do about my depression because it’s been happenning for so long and I haven’t told anyone. So now I live at my dads every second week. Now I don’t think my dad is abusive. He doesn’t hit me or sexually abuse me but I don’t feel safe around him, and I dread seeing him, to the point where I don’t want to go to his house and I get a bad feeling in my gut. I’m always grouchy around him and hate him. But I don’t know, my sister always tells me how I need to give him a break but I just don’t like him. I don’t want to live with him. Please help xx

Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you have been going through a pretty difficult time.
    Depression can be super hard to deal with alone, and you do not need to deal with it alone if you do not wish too. You could consider talking to a counselor about how you are feeling, sometimes talking to a professional can help us feel better and they can provide us with resources. If talking to a counselor is not an option you could consider talking to a trusted adult. You are never alone there is always someone willing to listen and provide support.
    You also mentioned not wanting to go to your dad’s house, you could consider talking to your parents and see if that is an option. Also you could see if there may be a way you could talk to your dad’s old girlfriend or let your dad know how close you were to her.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X