HELP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP

hi is this someone to talk to..?if so i hope you have a few minutes well alittle while.. OK so life sucks right now. I'M going trough alot right now..OK since last summer 2008 i have been in and out of mental institutions like Sheppard Pratt for suicidal thoughts, depression OCD, and PTSD.. cutting and suicide attempts..i was living with my mom and step dad and i was basically treated crap.. my step dad would say rude things to me a threaten me all the time and sometimes he would even do some of the things that he threatened me with..and my mom wouldn't do anything. my mom is really sick with cancer and she has alot of health problems with her.. so that's when i considered suicide because I thought that was the only way out.I was in and out of hospitals and everything..and also when i was 8 years old i was molested by a neighbor and the flashbacks was coming on to me.. so i told my guidance cousulers in school and they contacted my mom so they had a meeting with me and my mom and i told her so we took legal action but I'm now 14 so the "the neighbor thing" happened like 5 years ago and since i waited that long to tell anyone they said they didn't have anything to go off of and his record was squeaky clean. So in the meantime my step dad and mom was loosing the house and couldn't afford to pay the bills so my mom blamed it on me saying that she didn't want me on the same street as that guy.. So that's when i moved with my dad right after the most recent hospital visit which was in august.Ever thing was fine there until school started and the pressure was on with grades and everything Else so that's when i overdosed on pills and was unconscious for 9 hrs. and they kept me for a few days but then they put me in another hospital. And the 1st few weeks were fine then the thoughts and cutting came back onto me.. Most recently i had to give my dog up since i have had for 5 years.And my grades in school are dropping and everything. I want to runaway and everything but the only thing holding me back is my mom.. and if it wasn't for her i would have been long gone but that's starting to fad now i am having more and more thoughts of running away.. What do i do? And I'm sorry that this was very long but this was only the half of it all.. so if you can PLEASE REPLY!!

Re: HELP

Thank you for posting a bulletin and sharing a little about your situation. Yes, it does sound like you are going through a lot like you had mention. We are glad that you have reached out for help though. It sounds like things with your mom’s health are very stressful for you to the point that you have attempted suicide. Is there anyone that you feel comfortable talk to (friend, mom or dad, teacher or relative)? Did you feel that going to the mental health institution was helpful? Have you been able to continuing working with a counselor? Here are a few resources if you would like to talk a little more about cutting or any suicidal thoughts:

National Suicide Hotline 1800-273-TALK (8255) or view their webpage: http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html.

1800-DONTCUT (366-828

It is not ok for someone to treat you bad like you mention your step dad has been doing. You said that your step dad makes threats and some times follows through on the treats. How long has this been going on? Have you talked to anyone else about it (friend, teacher, or relative)? Has Child Protective Services (CPS) been involved? If not, do you think that you would want to make a report? CPS can help provide support and safety for you. They are available to help you and your family. You can call Child Help USA at 1800-422-4453 or go to their website: http://www.childhelp.org/. They can connect you with your local CPS office. We are sorry to hear about a neighbor molesting you when you were 8 years old. It must be tough to have flashback of it. RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) maybe be able to help during this difficult time. You can reach them at 1800-656-HOPE (4673) or via their website: http://www.rainn.org/.

Although we are here to help process through possible options; we cannot tell you what to do or not to do. Here are a few questions to consider before running away:

• What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    • What would make me stay at home?
    • How will I survive?
    • Is running away safe?
    • Who can I count on to help me?
    • Am I being realistic?
    • Have I given this enough thought?
    • What are my other options?
    • If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    • When I return home, what will happen?

We are confidential, non-judging, 24/7 crisis line. You are welcome to call us here at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), if you would like to talk a little more in detail. We can help give local resources and just be someone to listen. We look forward to hear from you!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My Heart goes out to you. All I can say is as you get older it can get easier as long as you keep the notion of a better life in sight. Keep talking about your feelings. Write them down, paint or draw them and talk with friends or a counselor. Remember that life is precious and you only get one. We need to make the best out of what were dealt with and yes sometimes it is so hard. *hugs* If you remember to love yourself and remind yourself you are worth it and you are, then as you get older you will have the power to make the choices that are best for you and your future. Hang in there. I will be praying for you.

Comment

Thanks for your words of encouragement.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X