Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know what to do

Hi, my name is Kat. I'm 16 and Female. And for reference I'm adopted.

Today my mom screamed at me because I slept in past one o'clock. I tried to talk to her about it calmly but she blew up at me. These kinds of things happen often. She screamed at me from across the room and then got up and stood over me screaming in my ear. My brother was there but he was acting like it wasn't happening.

I ran upstairs while she was screaming and went to my room. I had a panic attack and vomited. I'm not sure if I can live with her anymore this has happened too many times and I don't think I can take it again.

I want to run away from home but i'm not sure how to do it and I don't have anywhere to go. What should I do?

Hello, Kat, and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like your mom is treating you in a way that is unnecessary and harmful to the point of being inappropriate. Nobody deserves to be treated that way and if she would like you to wake up at a different time, there are different and less insensitive ways to go about trying to make that happen. We would be happy to talk with you about what it would look like if you decided to run away. We can look up youth shelters in your area and discuss how you might want to prepare as well as what other options you may have. If you are interested in having that conversation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org. We are here to listen and here to help.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X