Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent issue

I'm 16 and I want to move out and stay with my mates mum as I'm starting college in September can't concerntrate my parents are constantly nagging at me and everything I do is wrong I like this guy I have done for 3 years and my mum is stopping me from seeing him because "he's a scum bag" but my mum has never met him she says it about every guy I hang around with, I hang around with boys than girls because I feel more comfortable and part of the group but my mum thinks I'm a slag and will tell her I'm pregnant at the age of 16 if she thinks of me like that why should I stick around and my brother can do what he wants he's the star of the family...and I'm the screw up What should I do a

Re: Parent issue

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing some of your situation with us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like there is a bit of tension at home between you and your parents. You feel that since you are starting college soon, you want to be able to focus on your studies. Home life right now sounds quite stressful and distracting for you. We are sorry that you are feeling this way. We would be happy to explore more options with you if you chatted with us or called our 24/7 crisis line at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Everyone's situation is unique, with varying circumstances. It also depends on where you live and if you can move out at 16. Most states set 18 or older as age of majority. If you wanted to talk more about what's going on and identify some ways that may help with your situation, please reach out by phone or chat soon.
    It's great that you reached out to explore options and plan ahead before making a decision.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected]away.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X