Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Know Who To Tell Or Who To Go To

I'm a 14 year old girl. My parents aren't exactly perfect. My mom doesn't trust me and asks so many questions it's annoying but the worst part is how she thinks I'm so ugly. "Your hip bone sticks out too much that makes you look ugly. What did you eat today? I can see your collar bone and chest bones you're too skinny guys don't like that about you." Then there's my dad. Has he personally hit me. No. Has he thrown things at me yea. He favors my younger sister because he can relate to her, she's nine by the way. They both were and are picked on because they both have medical conditions. So when she's annoying I lose my cool and I might yell at her and yell her to go away and that is when he starts to yell at me, "you're such a jerk,p. You're a *****. You treat people awfully grow up!" He would chase me to my room and yell at me inches away from my face. You can feel the spit flying out of his mouth and hit your face as he yells. Yesterday, I was going into the basement so that him and I could watch a movie together. While I was walking down the stairs he turned off the light and I almost fell. Since I was startled and almost did fall I screamed fairly loud, "turn the light on!" He turns it on and then comes to the door. He opens it and yells at me, "Who the **** do you think you're talking to!?" He slams the door as I move down the stairs till I'm all the way into the basement since I'm scared he would hurt me. I sit in front of the TV waiting and he finally comes down. He kicks my chair and makes me look at him, "the next time you talk to me like that you won't have to worry about falling down the stairs I'll push you." He sits down and watches TV with me. I felt like I wanted to cry. I have told my coach a few times about things at home but she doesn't care. I've told my athletic director and he just pities me. He hasn't done anything. I feel alone. I want this to go away because they make me hate myself. It's 90° out and I'm wearing a sweater because my mom. I say something mean to someone and I want to cry and crawl away because of my dad. I want to run away but I know it will just make my parents even more upset and that scares me... What do I do? Who do I go to...? I can't call the hotline. I don't have access to pay phones. No cellphone. Can't use the house phone too risky. And too embarrassing to use a friends... I just need help to get away

Re: Don't Know Who To Tell Or Who To Go To

If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X