Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13yrs old unhappy depressed thinkin of running away

i hate my life.My dad and mom always firhgt and they r divorced and ma mom always fights wiht dad about rent or money issues and i live wiht my dad.I feel like a strnger becuz they onliy talk to each other (my dad an dhis gf and his gfs sis) and noone tlks to me.AT school i m aloner and i dont talk much.Been called names alot like ugly quiet girl and stuff.I feel like leavin away the world andnever coming back.

Re: 13yrs old unhappy depressed thinkin of running away

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. We are glad that you felt able to open up and share some of your situation with us. It sounds like you have been going through a lot lately. You mentioned that your parents are divorced. Is this something recent? It must be hard to have to deal with your parents fighting about things like rent and money. How do you usually cope with this? Another thing that you said was that you feel like a stranger because they only talk to each other. Do you mean your mom and dad or your dad and his girlfriend? Regardless, that sounds like a pretty isolating situation. Have you told your dad that you feel this way?

You also mentioned being a loner at school which must also be difficult. Have you thought about joining any extracurricular activities as a way of meeting new people? You sate that you don’t talk much; are you okay with this or is it something you would like to work on? You talked about being called names a lot and we are sorry to hear that. You must be a strong person to be able to endure that type of name calling. What do you do when that happens?

With everything that you have mentioned, have you considered talking to someone? Do you have a school counselor or a teacher that you trust? What about another family member?
    You are also welcome to call us anytime at our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY if you would like to discuss things further.

As far as feeling like leaving, we are not quite sure what you mean when you say leaving away the world. Are you referring to running away or are you talking about suicide? If you are feeling suicidal you can call us or the National Suicide Hotline, 1-800-273-TALK. We hope you are able to stay safe. We wish you luck!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Cheer Up...Sometimes it's the loners who see the world as it really is and by gaining that perspective gives you the edge above the rest. You are young and there is many who feel like you do. I know it doesn't seem like it. As you get older you will meet others who understand you. Hang in there. Try to find hobbies you enjoy. Write, Draw or read. Find things to do that make you feel happy inside. Take pleasure in the simple things in life. Like the things you can enjoy solo. Trust me friends will come over time. Enjoy a cup of hot tea or coco while reading your favorite book or watching your favorite show. Exercise and while exercising let your mind find a peaceful retreat. Watch a sunset while listening to your favorite song. These are tough years. Hang in there. It gets better. I will be praying for you.

Comment

You offered some great words of comfort. It's always nice to know that there are others out there that care.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X