Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i may need some help

my girlfriend is in a bad place and i really want to help. she’s 14. her grandma adopted her and she lives with her aunt and grandma and is constantly put down by her grandma saying ‘you’re a disappointment’ or ‘you’re a failure’ ‘you’re acting like a child’ ‘don’t you dare text anyone painting me as the bad guy’ her grandma grabbed her arm and called her a disappointment while they were doing tests for seizures. i’m scared for her and i personally believe she should run away but we’re afraid that whoever she goes to will get arrested and if she gets caught her grandma might actually beat here. at the doctors she had a panic attack and her grandma punished her by taking her phone and banning her from her room other then sleeping. we live in california so she won’t be arrested. i could really use some help

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that your girlfriend is faced with right now at home and you’re wanting to find a way to help her as get away from her grandma and the mistreatment. It’s great that your girlfriend has support and concern from you especially since this time is quite difficult for them. If you give her our information we can talk through her situation and brainstorm her options with her, she might be able to report the mistreatment. We also can look for safe places near her if she needs to leave.

Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We’re here to listen and to help and hope you or your friend can reach out soon.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X