I want to run away but,where will I go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away but,where will I go?

Hello,I am 16 and I have been thinking of running away for a long time.I really hate my family.My mom used to beat me when I was a child,I thought it all stopped for now but she sometimes beats me...My dad is always at work and I barely can see him since
    my childhood.My brother beats me up a lot too also psychological abuse too.I really can't take it anymore.I have commited suicide but they started to treat me like ******** after 2 days later.I am having trouble in school too...
    I live in Turkey so I am afraid I will get sexually abused or something worse will happen to me in the streets since my country is not such a safe place.I don't know what to do everyone is blaming me for their actions...
    Like whenever I try to tell something about my family they are all like ''Noo they are so nice,I wish I had parents like that''I just really hate my mom and my brother,my dad is always away anyways...So can you help me about
    this?Where should I go when I run away?What should I do?I have been saving money for this and stuff please help me..

Re: I want to run away but,where will I go?

Hello there,

Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like there is a lot going on at home and within your family. We are sorry you have been mistreated by family and currently feel unsupported by those you have turned to for help. It sounds like you have been experiencining some scary thoughts of ending your life, and you may have even tried before. It takes great strength to reach out for help, and we are glad that you did. We want to help as best as we can, however, we cannot tell you exactly what to do. It seems your plan is to leave home but not sure of where to go. It may help to identify where you can go, if it's safe to leave, and who you can get support from. Sometimes teachers, counselors, other family members, or doctors are considered trusted adults you may be able to get support from to help with things at home. Perhaps there are community organizations that may help too as far as providing support and shelter. Child Help International is a resource you may benefit from. We could not locate a resource in Turkey but you may be able to find some help through http://www.childhelplineinternationa...astNorthAfrica. We are based in the United States so we have some limitations in our ability to provide services or referrals for other regions, but there may be some resources in a neighboring country that may help via Child Help International. We hope that this helps a bit. If you needed to maybe sort through some options, you could always try to chat with us by visiting our website www.1800runaway.org.

We hope you stay safe and take good care of yourself.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I Cant Take It

As I'm growing my life has been he'll and It may not be the worst but still. Every night I sleep with a knife and saying I'm going to kill myself all my sister do is tunt me and mess with my mind my dad yells at me and threats me all day and my mom sometimes makes it worse I get bullied at school and if I fight I will be hanged I'm 12 years old and if I get one more month of this you will see another black boy commits suicide

Comment

Re: I Can't Take It

Hey there!
        Thank you for reaching out to us! This sounds like a tough situation that has gone on too long. It was really brave of you to tell someone how you feel. You don’t deserve to be treated poorly. It important for you to know that you are not alone in this. You are strong for reaching out and not wanting to put up with it anymore.
        If you do feel unsafe, please call 911. Please call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK if you feel that you are going to harm yourself. You can also look online at stopbullying.gov and Netsmartz.org for ideas on how to get help for bullying issues. You can also call us 24 hours at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can talk through more specifics with you.
        Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to try to make things better for yourself. It is not right to be treated unfairly or less than others. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. Remember that there are people and resources out there that can help.

Thank you!
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X