Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this abuse?

I can never do anything right. When I have all A's - I could always do better. If I get a B, I am threatened with no sports or they devalue me. When I play sports, I'm not allowed to show anyone that I am in pain beause my parents say that nobody cares. They tend to tell me I repulse them and that I am disgusting. Just today, my mother hit me several times, grabbed my hair and pulled it, and then proceeded to punch me in my arm several times. She has often also called me a ********** and accuses me of not having any love in my heart. She's always talking about God but is such a hyprocite and holds grudges and says that I am going to be left behind whenever I do something wrong. She's called me a pig and ungrateful and always threatens me with my father. I don't know whether to call this abuse or not because it happens occassionally but whenever it does - they are severe about it. I don't know what to do. I'm not suicidal and I cannot run away because I am dependent upon them. What do I do?

Re: Is this abuse?

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things have been pretty tough for you and we’re sorry to hear that. We’re glad that you reached out, we’re here to help as much as we can.

It sounds like you have been called a lot of names, and have been hit and punched. You do not deserve to be abused in any way by anybody. It sounds like you have questions about what qualifies as abuse, and that’s understandable. Because we’re not experts, we want you to know you can call Child Protective Services of your state to get answers to questions like these. Another resource we want to pass along is Child Help USA at (800) 422 4453. If you call us here at (800) RUNAWAY (786 2929) we can make calls out with you or on your behalf.

We’re here to help talk through what’s been going on. It sounds like you are seeking support. Sometimes it can be helpful to talk through it, either with a resource like us, or maybe a trusted adult like a school counselor or family friend. Another resource you can explore is https://teenlineonline.org/, where you can talk to other teens that may have been through similar situations.

We’re here to listen and here to help 24/7.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X