Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 13 and considering running away

I'm 13 and I want to runaway from my family because they treat me like I'm not supposed to be there, basically like crap. They're always talking badly about me behind my back and I can't take it anymore. I hate my family with all my heart and I want to leave them, should I? I'm definitely considering it. Thanks for any advice given.

Re: I'm 13 and considering running away

Hello and thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like home is a tough place for you to feel comfortable at the moment. You said you are feeling the need to leave, and we are so glad you reached out to us before making a decision. Has home always felt like you’re not supposed to be there? Has something changed within your family to make it like it is now? If you call into us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we can talk about what’s going on at home and see if there are ways for you to feel better there.

Is there a person in your life that you can talk to about how you feel at home? Sometimes, even if we can’t change what’s going on, having someone to talk to can be a way to getting support. Schools often have counselors that are there for students who would like to talk, and may be someone you can turn to. As always, you can talk to one of us here confidentially, and we will listen and help you in any way we can.

We are nondirective here, which means we do not tell people what to do. But we do want people to be safe. We support your decision to leave home if that’s what you choose, but talking to one of us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY may help you think of important things before you leave. Where will you stay? How will you support yourself? If you call in, we can make sure you are safe in whatever journey you decide.

Again, we are here to help, to listen, and to support. We encourage you to call in if you are comfortable, and look forward to your call.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I would like to runaway with you😊

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I'm 13 and I want to runaway from my family because they treat me like I'm not supposed to be there, basically like crap. They're always talking badly about me behind my back and I can't take it anymore. I hate my family with all my heart and I want to leave them, should I? I'm definitely considering it. Thanks for any advice given.
      Hey I'm 13 I'm a girl and sick and tired of every thing can we runaway together?

Comment

RE: I would like to runaway with you😊

Hello there –

Thank you so much for reaching out to use here on our public bulletin board. It’s great that you were able to find us and read a little bit about what others were going through right now. Seems like you are able to relate to what this other poster has been going through. Now here at NRS we aren’t a hotline that will provide a guideline/survival packet or link runaways to other youth that are going to run away or have already run away from home. We are mainly here for support and help find some guidance to local resources that might be able to help a youth through their particular situation and we aren’t here to tell you what to do because you know your situation a lot better than we do. We just want you to know your options and with whatever you choose that you’re safe and not on the streets. So we do not encourage releasing private information about yourself on a public forum to others (i.e phone numbers, emails, address, school names, KIK number, Instagram screen name, etc.).

If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and could potentially help you brainstorm a possible solution to the issues you are having. We would love to talk to you about what has been going on recently that is making you want to leave our home. We also have an online chat service available every day.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X