Where can I stay after I leave home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I stay after I leave home?

I need to get out of my house ASAP my mom is emotionally and verbally abuse and my dad has known to be physically abusive to my little brother on occasions. My mom has also hit me in the arm or leg when she's mad or wants to hurt me for no reason. I want to leave but I have very little money and no friends or family I can stay with a no way to afford my own apartment what do I do?

Re: Where can I stay after I leave home?

Thank you for reaching out to us. It’s really brave of you to ask for help, and we’re so sorry to hear that your mom has been abusive. No one has the right to make you feel unsafe and it sounds like your mom has said and done things that make you feel unsafe at home. You’ve brought up some really important concerns regarding your ability to leave home and, while we’re not legal experts, we will do our best to provide you with information that might help you address your situation.

If you feel that you or your little brother’s safety is at risk, you have the option of reaching out to your local child protective services and filing an abuse report. If you don’t know how to reach your local organization, Child Help USA at 800.422.4453. If you don’t want to reach out to protective service agency but you’d like for a report to be made, you can also reach out to a teacher, or you can call us and we can talk you through a report. Even if you decide you don’t want to report, you can reach out to us anyways. We’re here to support whatever you decide to do.

If you do decide to leave home, depending on whether you’re considered a minor in your state, your legal guardians could file a ruanway report with your local police department. If they do, your local police may or may not look for you and, if they do locate you they may take you back home or have your parents pick you up. If you are considered a legal adult and you do leave home, some options might include transitional housing or looking into low income resources local to your state or county. Feel free to reach out to us if you need help finding resources or if you want to talk to someone about your situation. We will support whatever decision you make and we will do our best to help you stay as safe as possible.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X