13 years old abused sad depressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 years old abused sad depressed

Hi i am 13 years old and ever since i was 7 i have been mentally emotionally and physically abused. That is when my life ended. My mom married my step dad. Well it started off with him calling me a spoiled little brat. And they have always ALWAYS hit me. I remember one time i was in a nice restraunt and I felt like i was going to throw up so i didn't eat anymore. They grabbed me up by my arm and spanked me. It was embarrassing because everyone was watching and pointing then talking. You could tell that is all they talked about the rest of the evening. Then when i was 11 my dad was on the computer and I asked if i could get on. He said no and i was like please and he was like NO and was like WHYYY(in a whiny and screaming voice) and he came over to the chair(we were about 10 feet apart) and came over to me and said if you ever yell at me you little ****! (Edited for language.) i will beat you! And then he hit me so hard that i couldn't move my leg. My mom just told him not to hit me anymore. I had to tell my grandparents so he wouldn't hit me. Then when i was 12 i didn't want to do the dishes and I was crying in my room and my mom came in and choked me and told me that i was the worst thing that ever happened to her. Mind you i was a mistake both contraceptives failed. She slammed me up against the wall while choking me. I called my grandma again and yet again my mom denied it. I have been getting beaten about once a month sometimes once every two months since i was 7. I have called all the numbers and done everything. I really am considering running away. Sorry this is so long.

Re: 13 years old abused sad depressed

Thank you for sharing your story with us at the National Runaway Switchboard.
    You mentioned that you have been mentally and physically abused and we are sorry to hear that. It sounds like you have been through a lot over the past couple of years. You sound like a very brave person to have endured everything that has happened. You stated feeling sad and depressed, that must be extremely hard. How do you normally cope with everything? You mentioned calling your grandma and calling all the numbers and having done everything. What numbers exactly have you called?

Have you called Child Protective Services (CPS) in your area? We are not in a position to identify abuse here, but they can generally decide what is or is not abuse. We are mandated reporters though which means if we got all your information should you call, we would have to make an abuse report. Other mandated reporters include doctors, school counselors, social workers, and teachers. If you would like to call us at our hotline to file a report, we could either take it for you or have you stay on the line and we would advocate for you to CPS. Is this something you would consider?

If you have already tried CPS, there is another agency that can help when the system has failed. They are called Justice for Children and they can also advocate for children and youth. Their number is 1-800-733-0059. If you would like more information on child abuse, there is also Child Help USA. Their hotline is 1-800-422-4453 and website, http://www.childhelp.org. Would either of these be options for you?

At the end of your post, you mentioned considering running away. How serious are you about this consideration? How do you think your mom and step-dad would react if you ran away? It is not considered illegal to runaway in most states. However, most states recognize it a crime to harbor a runaway.

Have you thought at all about where you would stay? If you decide to stay with someone do you think that person is willing to risk harboring a runaway? How would you survive if you left home? What would you do if you got caught? If the police come across a runaway, generally they would just send that person back home. If that were the case, what do you think your mom and step-dad would do?

We cannot tell you whether to runaway or not, but should you like to talk to someone about your options, you are welcome to call us. We are available 24/7 through our hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY. We hope you are able to stay safe and look forward to hearing from you soon.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

everything in the end is going to work out for you!
      i have been there done it.

Comment

You poor thing. I cried reading this. You deserve better. You parents are not well mentally to be treating someone they love like this. Still you have to think on how to protect yourself. Keep a journal online or at school. Try and tell the school again. Tel them you just don't feel safe. You might have to tell ten more people before they listen. Running away will not help. You will just find other adult out there to hurt you and you will be at the mercy of the streets. You have a rough road ahead. Be strong. It is worth it. It gets better. Remember to never act like your parents when you grow up. If it is wrong for them it is wrong for you. I will be praying for you child.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X