No announcement yet.

My Girlfriend Lives With A Abusive Brother.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Girlfriend Lives With A Abusive Brother.

    I don’t know how to start this. i guess i’ll start off and day that me and my girlfriend are both minors. both of our family know we have a relationship going on. i live in a verbally abusive home. my girlfriend lives with good parents. her and her mom have a strong relationship, her and her dad are not close but they don’t have a bad relationship. she has siblings, 2 younger then her and 1 older then her. Her older brother is is abusive schizophrenic. he has done so much stuff that no sibling or parent should have to go through. she has been hit by her brother (adult). she has seen her brother put a knife to her fathers throat. this all started when she was 4 and she remembers it all. she has seen things i wouldn’t wish anyone to see. her own brother has threatened to kill her. but yet. they have called the police on him. they took him and took him into a mental institution and made him take medication. they sent him home hoping he got better. he then stopped taking his medication and things went back to how they were. they are scared to call the police on him from what he might do. i feel so useless when she tells me this for the fact that i know i can’t do anything since that’s her brother. what i’m asking is when i turn 18, she is going to be 16, i want to rent out a place and get her out that house hold. she shouldn’t go through something like that. is it possible to get her out the house at 16? we live in north carolina. i don’t want her getting hurt more then she has to.

  • #2
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. From what we gather it is illegal for you to do such a thing as you are not her parent or guardian. It would be a good idea to contact the local non emergency number in your area and see what they . If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp